fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Waiting on 10.2.4 and 10.3

Waiting on 10.2.4 and 10.3 09 Aug 2016 09:33 #79075

• Karsten Schlüter
  • Thank you received: 662

MsJustine wrote: … the more people testing, the better, this is the idea behind public beta, more comments, more feedback, better product.…..

A product like FCPX doesn't need more feedback but qualified feedback.
Just read these boards: People complaining lack of features, which are often implemented.

MsJustine wrote: … …, Apple treats the people that promote the product with disrespect, ..

…Wot?? :S
With 14 feature rich updates within 5 years for free I feel as a customer treated very well and with highest respect.....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Waiting on 10.2.4 and 10.3 09 Aug 2016 09:39 #79076

• MsJustine
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • I am in Durban, safe and warm...
  • Thank you received: 46
Then why the need to threaten with banning future events when Apple showed off something at NAB? That is disrespect by Apple to the very people not being paid to promote, to say if you say anything about what we are about to show you, we, Apple, will never host any future events...

That sorry is just wrong, either show and let comments flow, or not show, show then threaten, that is a low blow!!!!

Waiting on 10.2.4 and 10.3 09 Aug 2016 10:19 #79077

• AppleGuru
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3

MsJustine wrote: Then why the need to threaten with banning future events when Apple showed off something at NAB? That is disrespect by Apple to the very people not being paid to promote, to say if you say anything about what we are about to show you, we, Apple, will never host any future events...

That sorry is just wrong, either show and let comments flow, or not show, show then threaten, that is a low blow!!!!

There Public Affairs and Beta Testing are two different stories. You sound more like a kid on Christmas that can't wait to open up the presents.
It sucks but just wait and chill...

Waiting on 10.2.4 and 10.3 09 Aug 2016 10:23 #79078

• Scrubelicious
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 110
There are many reasons why Apple does things.
But to get down to the core. Imagine Apple releasing a beta version of Fina Cut Pro X that is buggy to the public. This could backfire extremely.

Also Final Cut Pro X is more module when it comes to updating vs to there OS, well there update program shows.
So if something honest work in the beta don't release it until it works, again that could backfire on Apple.

Don't forget the OS public Beta is pretty set when it comes to function and features.
I think we will see a major update soon . :whistle:

Waiting on 10.2.4 and 10.3 09 Aug 2016 10:31 #79079

• MsJustine
  • Banned
  • Banned
With the public beta, Apple do stress do not use this on important machines, you take the risk, and so on,

That is just the point, there are people that would be prepared to take the risk, to deal with buggy, users in the wild, how can Apple code if they do not know how users use the app?

Apple have already burned themselves with 10.0, having to re-release with the 10.1 series, so why not change tack and try beta in the public with 10.3.. It might just work, there is zero risk to Apple at this point, the reasons tended for the introduction of public beta, to prevent the disaster of Apple Maps, well, what was worse, Apple Maps or FCPX 10.0???

If Apple felt public beta was the solution for a buggy map app, then explain the logic of not public beta testing a buggy app called Final Cut Pro X v 10.0??? Apple rushed into FCPX, 2 hears too soon, had a very bad reaction, and now wait over 6 months to update...

Just my thoughts..

Waiting on 10.2.4 and 10.3 09 Aug 2016 10:37 #79080

• AppleGuru
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Well maybe cause Maps is a consumer product and FCPX isn't.
Isn't there already handful of people that do test FCPX beta or prerelease in production? I thought there is!

Waiting on 10.2.4 and 10.3 09 Aug 2016 10:40 #79081

• MsJustine
  • Banned
  • Banned
FCPX is very much a consumer product, $300 is nothing to pay for a video editing app. Apple set the price to attract the very basic consumer, there is only imovie or FCPX, it is not a very complex app, and in a few day's any user can edit something!!

Logic on the other hand is aimed at the more sophisticated user, it is way more than just a simple audio app, it is way above FCPX in complexity, no question.

So what was a bigger PR/marketing disaster? Maps or FCPX v10.0?

Waiting on 10.2.4 and 10.3 09 Aug 2016 10:44 #79082

• AppleGuru
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

MsJustine wrote: FCPX is very much a consumer product, $300 is nothing to pay for a video editing app. Apple set the price to attract the very basic consumer, there is only imovie or FCPX, it is not a very complex app, and in a few day's any user can edit something!!

Logic on the other hand is aimed at the more sophisticated user, it is way more than just a simple audio app, it is way above FCPX in complexity, no question.

So what was a bigger PR/marketing disaster? Maps or FCPX v10.0?

Maps is.... more users!

Waiting on 10.2.4 and 10.3 09 Aug 2016 10:57 #79083

• robertdee
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10

MsJustine wrote: FCPX is very much a consumer product, $300 is nothing to pay for a video editing app.

Price has nothing to do with it. Davinci Resolve and Fusion are both free and I doubt anyone would call them consumer.

Waiting on 10.2.4 and 10.3 09 Aug 2016 11:01 #79084

• Karsten Schlüter

MsJustine wrote: … a consumer product, $300 is nothing to pay for a video editing app. …

Wot?? :S
What is a 300$ consumer product??? I can feed my family a whole month with 300$, purchase a (very) used car, spent a week all-inclusive in some ressort in the Mediterranean Sea, pay my families yearly fees for sports&fitness&culture ....

Adjust your scales, what a 'consumer' product is, really.-

Aside, there are several other, cheaper NLEs to buy.
Aside, which consumer does edit video anyhow??

my goodness, there's a real world beyond your belly button!

Waiting on 10.2.4 and 10.3 09 Aug 2016 12:14 #79085

• joema
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 361

MsJustine wrote: ...Apple has nothing vested in pro-apps.. It is paid for, many times over...Apple has nothing to loose in public beta testing...

Apple is very tight on prerelease of information on FCPX future versions.

IF your viewpoint is Apple has no big stake in FCPX, then this becomes a mystery -- why NOT release future info or beta versions on a product they don't really care about, or which contributes a small % of their total revenue?

However that mystery was created by taking that viewpoint. Apple cares strongly about innovation and doesn't want to prematurely tip off competitors. Doing so would dilute one of Apple's greatest advantages. From Apple's viewpoint, if competitors are going to copy their innovation, at least don't give them a head start.

Apple has a lot vested in FCPX, especially considering the highly leveraged connection to Mac hardware sales. Now that Apple is so huge, even all MacBook sales are a small % of total revenue. They aren't going to start releasing preproduction information on every product that constitutes less than (say) 5% of total revenues.

Elements of features in one product are often cross-pollinated in other products, so then they'd have to meticulously analyze which ones and do special versions to deactivate those features for beta release, which means that wouldn't get tested anyway.

Actually Apple's restrictions on FCPX prerelease info indicates they *do* care about the product and have no intention of discontinuing active development.

Waiting on 10.2.4 and 10.3 09 Aug 2016 12:33 #79086

• MsJustine
  • Banned
  • Banned
Exactly my point? Why not just release a public beta FCPX? There is nothing for Apple to loose doing this? They already released a buggy version, and thanks to the very bad response from users, this was replaced with 10.1 series.

That is just what I am saying, you could call 10.0 a beta, it sucked, no one found it useful, then it was replaced with something 1000x more useful.. Just imagine what 10.3 would be like if we the users had played a role in it's development, you could argue that we have through the feedback, and sorry I do not agree with that, I do not think the feedback is considered.

How many users wanted that update where you could share to many youtube accounts??? I just checked...that was the last update 10.2.3..really multiple youtube accounts..That was an important update???

Last edit: by MsJustine.

Waiting on 10.2.4 and 10.3 09 Aug 2016 12:54 #79087

• ronny courtens
  • Thank you received: 896
None of the NLE manufacturers have public betas. They all have their pool of selected beta testers who know exactly how their application works and who can provide precise and detailed feedback based on their own workflows and systems. A public beta would be an absolute mess, that's why nobody does this and why this will never happen.. So accept it and get over it.

There will be a new release before the end of October, you don't have to be a clearvoyant to know this. And although I have no inside information, I'm sure it will be an interesting update with some long-standing requests being implemented and some interesting new stuff as well. So why don't you just wait until it is released, then at least you can write something based on actual facts and not on unfounded speculation.

- Ronny

Waiting on 10.2.4 and 10.3 09 Aug 2016 13:29 #79090

• DmitriZigany
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
I hope that FCPX 10.3 comes with VIRTUAL RONNY COURTENS HELP SYSTEM™ instead of the what now is in the Help menu...

Waiting on 10.2.4 and 10.3 09 Aug 2016 13:41 #79091

• ronny courtens
  • Thank you received: 896
LOL!

I agree the Help menu could be more detailed. But that would involve having help sections for every possible workflow, which would be impossible to do because everyone works in a different way. That's why the online help you can find here and on other forums is so valuable. We all learn from each other and we constantly discover new workflows and solutions. Apple provides the basic information, we add our own specific experiences and advice. A perfect combination.

- Ronny

Waiting on 10.2.4 and 10.3 09 Aug 2016 14:17 #79092

• Karsten Schlüter

DmitriZigany wrote: I hope that FCPX 10.3 comes with VIRTUAL RONNY COURTENS HELP SYSTEM™...

Excellent suggestion!

… I heard rumors, it's called
Apple's Virtual Courtens Help Database:

Now it makes sense, why Apple recently bought Turi, a company specialized in 'machine learning'. All they have to do is kidnapping Ronny, connect him to some supercomputer (aka Apple data-center) and let the machine learn.

We should keep an eye on Ronny, no physical contact with Apple-nesians!!

Waiting on 10.2.4 and 10.3 09 Aug 2016 14:22 #79093

• Deano
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • To the Virgins, to Make Much of Time Gather ye rosebuds while ye may, Old Time is still a-flying: And this same flower that smiles to-day To-morrow will be dying. The glorious lamp of heaven, the sun, The higher he's a-getting, The sooner will hi
  • Thank you received: 10

MsJustine wrote: FCPX is very much a consumer product, $300 is nothing to pay for a video editing app. Apple set the price to attract the very basic consumer, there is only imovie or FCPX, it is not a very complex app, and in a few day's any user can edit something!!

If $300 is nothing to pay and set a price for the 'basic' consumer - then you must think Premiere Pro on Subscription as dirt cheap and a toy.

'FCPX is not complex' - thats a crazy comment. Its very vertical in its structure. Its like peeling layers of an onion...

I think you need are needing AVID in your life Justine... :-P

Waiting on 10.2.4 and 10.3 09 Aug 2016 14:34 #79095

• MsJustine
  • Banned
  • Banned
When you consider that Final Cut Studio cost a whack more than $300, $300 is cheap, by my not complex statement, I was referring to the user interface, it is not as complex as say Premiere or Avid is, this is by design, and Apple worked hard to make the complex interface less complex, hide the complexity deep inside, rather than on the interface, and that sorry is a bloody good thing!!!

Avid, omg, I was offered a free license for an Avid, but had to pay the annual update/service fee upfront, so I turned it down, I have no idea how many updates I am buying in advance.

I think that FCPX is the most efficient editing system yet created, no question, that however does not excuse Apple for taking well over a year, April 2015 to August 2016 to release a killer update, the only 2 outstanding updates since April 2015, 3d text and sharing to multiple youtube accounts, 16 months and only 2 decent features..

No updates for almost 200 days, nothing, it takes 16 months to beta test roles based audio mixing??? Gee..sorry but 16 months...

Last edit: by MsJustine.

Waiting on 10.2.4 and 10.3 09 Aug 2016 14:37 #79096

• waternyc
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
There are plenty of Hollywood films also sited on fcp.co that have been cut with fcpx.... I think it'd be safer to say "its the fool behind the tool, not the tool"

Waiting on 10.2.4 and 10.3 09 Aug 2016 14:39 #79097

• MsJustine
  • Banned
  • Banned
I am so used to being that kid that asked a great question, and the village hated him for asking it..