fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 10.4.4 Released

10.4.4 Released 16 Nov 2018 06:52 #97708

  • Redifer
  • Redifer's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 76
Well I found what I consider to be a rather giant bug. Creating Compound Clips does not work correctly any more for me. The newly created compound clip will slide to a new place earlier in the timeline instead of staying put, like it should. Does not seem to matter if created with Alt + G or via right-click/contextual menu.

Video evidence: - www.gamesack.net/crap/CC.mp4

It should absolutely not do that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10.4.4 Released 16 Nov 2018 07:52 #97709

  • ektoras.papageorgiou
  • ektoras.papageorgiou's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
H264 is considered legacy?
Do the Apple guys like to be bashed? What about the older hardware that doesn't play well with HEVC? Do they obsolete it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10.4.4 Released 16 Nov 2018 09:36 #97710

  • Axel
  • Axel's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Karma: 10
  • Thank you received: 72

ektoras.papageorgiou wrote: H264 is considered legacy?
Do the Apple guys like to be bashed? What about the older hardware that doesn't play well with HEVC? Do they obsolete it?

There's no evidence for that. They talk about HDCAM-SR, CineForm format, Avid DNxHD/DNxHR "and other media from older cameras", probably HDV and the like. Anyway, they give early notice. Next MacOS, they won't be supported, so better transcode old codecs and consolidate longtime projects *now*. So that in a year, when Mojaves successor comes, nobody can complain.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10.4.4 Released 16 Nov 2018 09:43 #97711

  • Redifer
  • Redifer's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 76
I use absolutely zero of those codecs and I still get the warning. They need to let us know EXACTLY what clips or files are affected instead of being vague.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10.4.4 Released 16 Nov 2018 10:17 #97712

  • Karsten Schlüter
  • Karsten Schlüter's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
  • Karma: 61
  • Thank you received: 647
… for our German board members:
Robin Kurz hat in kurzweiligen 35min alle Neuerungen zusammengefasst

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10.4.4 Released 16 Nov 2018 11:18 #97714

  • FCPX.guru
  • FCPX.guru's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
  • Karma: 34
  • Thank you received: 412
There’s a new and insightful opinion no one has ever heard.before...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10.4.4 Released 16 Nov 2018 13:04 #97715

  • ektoras.papageorgiou
  • ektoras.papageorgiou's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1

Redifer wrote: I use absolutely zero of those codecs and I still get the warning. They need to let us know EXACTLY what clips or files are affected instead of being vague.

Yes, same here. Week old library, footage shot with FS7 and some stills and video from smartphones and got a warning when I updated the library.
I hope these legacy codecs will still be supported in other NLE when years come buy. I can't afford to lose DNxHD, there is no other way to get something equivalent to Prores from a PC.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10.4.4 Released 16 Nov 2018 17:35 #97717

  • bracket26
  • bracket26's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2

Redifer wrote: Well I found what I consider to be a rather giant bug. Creating Compound Clips does not work correctly any more for me. The newly created compound clip will slide to a new place earlier in the timeline instead of staying put, like it should. Does not seem to matter if created with Alt + G or via right-click/contextual menu.

Video evidence: - www.gamesack.net/crap/CC.mp4

It should absolutely not do that.

Oh man, that IS a big problem! Thanks for reporting it here, please send Apple a bug report if you haven't already. I use compound clips heavily in my workflow. I think I'll wait for the bug fix, as exciting as the new features seem to be.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by bracket26. Reason: missing quote

10.4.4 Released 16 Nov 2018 17:38 #97719

  • bracket26
  • bracket26's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2

Doug wrote: Is it weird that I'm potentially most excited for this?

"- Typing the first few letters of a font name jumps directly to the font in the list"

This is a longtime annoyance, and it's a relief they finally fixed it! Looking forward to testing it out, once they fix the apparent Compound Clip bug.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10.4.4 Released 16 Nov 2018 17:57 #97723

  • Jonathan Levin
  • Jonathan Levin's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Karma: 5
  • Thank you received: 18
Anyone try and find the extensions in the App Store? When I type in Final Cut Extensions I get nothing within the app store. Maybe this needs to be done while in FCP???

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10.4.4 Released 16 Nov 2018 17:58 #97724

  • Andreas Kiel
  • Andreas Kiel's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Karma: 32
  • Thank you received: 169

ektoras.papageorgiou wrote:

Redifer wrote: I use absolutely zero of those codecs and I still get the warning. They need to let us know EXACTLY what clips or files are affected instead of being vague.

Yes, same here. Week old library, footage shot with FS7 and some stills and video from smartphones and got a warning when I updated the library.
I hope these legacy codecs will still be supported in other NLE when years come buy. I can't afford to lose DNxHD, there is no other way to get something equivalent to Prores from a PC.

JPEG is out of time too.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10.4.4 Released 16 Nov 2018 18:05 #97727

  • Jonathan Levin
  • Jonathan Levin's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Karma: 5
  • Thank you received: 18
Pro Video formats 2.0.7 in my App Store update section 11/16/2018

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10.4.4 Released 16 Nov 2018 19:38 #97731

  • FCPX.guru
  • FCPX.guru's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
  • Karma: 34
  • Thank you received: 412
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10.4.4 Released 16 Nov 2018 19:40 #97732

  • FCPX.guru
  • FCPX.guru's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
  • Karma: 34
  • Thank you received: 412

Jonathan Levin wrote: Anyone try and find the extensions in the App Store? When I type in Final Cut Extensions I get nothing within the app store. Maybe this needs to be done while in FCP???

Extensions won't be in the App Store, they'll be given as plugin installs directly from the developer. And the only three available at the moment are inlaced with the update install.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10.4.4 Released 16 Nov 2018 19:40 #97733

  • bradywurtz
  • bradywurtz's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Karma: 1
  • Thank you received: 7
What's this mean?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10.4.4 Released 16 Nov 2018 23:51 #97735

  • damiangrady
  • damiangrady's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Karma: 1
  • Thank you received: 6
Shutterstock's extension is in the App Store as is Frame.io's.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10.4.4 Released 17 Nov 2018 00:08 #97737

  • Axel
  • Axel's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Karma: 10
  • Thank you received: 72
To load the Pro codecs:
> open FCP
> go to Top Menu > Final Cut Pro > Download additional content

You'll get the Pro Video Formats, 1300 Sound FX and some stuff for Motion, all in all 1,77 GB

Made a clean install & tried some things with the help of Robin Kurz' tutorial. With the new comparison viewer, it's a breeze to match shots. I made workspaces in the fashion of Apple Color's "rooms".
"Primary" - scopes, a 100% viewer, wheels, effects (i.e. for noise reduction) and a mini timeline
"Secondary" - as above, but with HS-curves and without effects tab
"Match" - comparison viewer with scopes, viewer with scopes, color tab

Assigned F1, F2 and F3 to it in >System Preferences >Keyboard >Shortcuts >App Shortcuts>Final Cut Pro (custom workspaces are not listed in FCP's command editor). Never worked before (used to "hack" the default workspaces), but now it works.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Axel.

10.4.4 Released 17 Nov 2018 03:48 #97738

  • MsJustine
  • MsJustine's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • I am in Durban, safe and warm...
  • Karma: -76
  • Thank you received: 46
I have tried to find the extensions as mentioned by Steve in his video, and I can find the frame io and it works I think, not sure, but the other 2 mentioned, shutterstock and the ripple training extension, nope nowhere, I tried the shutterstock website, no mention of a plug in or an extension for fcpx...

Nothing on the high sierra version, and nothing on the mojave version..strange.

UPDATE: I was able to find the shutterstock extension, and the frame io extension and yes it creates a puzzle piece, come on Apple really this is poor, the app store is a pigsty, it is so out of date, barely functional hunk of junk.

The 10.4.4 update should have included the 3 "apps" as a automatic pre download or pre-install or install at first launch, this hunt and seek idea is just stupid at every level!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by MsJustine.

10.4.4 Released 17 Nov 2018 08:47 #97741

  • robertdee
  • robertdee's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Karma: 1
  • Thank you received: 10
Just tested out the font search function and it's really going to save me a lot of irritation. That's a nice little tweak. The colour comparison windows - while limited are a welcome addition too. Interested to see what happens with the extensions as that's going to be very interesting with third party apps. Being a bit fanciful but I wonder if motion would work as an extension at some point in the future...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10.4.4 Released 17 Nov 2018 15:50 #97745

  • MJsanders
  • MJsanders's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
The HDCam SR Codec is one of the codec choices on the Sony F5 and F55 where its called SSTP. Its a real shame FCP X doesn't support it because its a great HD 444 codec especially for Chromakey work.

And annoyingly it works fine in Resolve 15.2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.