Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 10.4.4 Released

10.4.4 Released 20 Nov 2018 16:20 #97830

• damiangrady
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
I've not been copying and pasting as you surmised. I'm using the quote button MsJustine as my recent posts are in reply to your posts.

I'm just curious to know what you (and others) think is good about 10.4.4. Your previous posts in this thread seem to be all about what it's missing/what you're not happy with.

I don't agree with your D grade. I'd say the Workflow Extensions and the batch sharing alone make it at least a B.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10.4.4 Released 20 Nov 2018 16:26 #97831

• robertdee
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
Workflow extensions is very interesting. I use a number of motion graphics plugins that might benefit from having an interface that’s freed from the inspector - nodes3, mO2. I use after effects a lot as well with Trapcode Suite and they’ve started building separate workflow panels for that which is very useful. Not saying that Trapcode will come to FCPX (it is an edit program after all) but the model is interesting. The more I can stay in FCPX the better.

Last edit: by robertdee.

10.4.4 Released 20 Nov 2018 16:44 #97832

• damiangrady
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

robertdee wrote: Workflow extensions is very interesting. I use a number of motion graphics plugins that might benefit from having an interface that’s freed from the inspector - nodes3, mO2. I use after effects a lot as well with Trapcode Suite and they’ve started building separate workflow panels for that which is very useful. Not saying that Trapcode will come to FCPX (it is an edit program after all) but the model is interesting. The more I can stay in FCPX the better.

Totally agree Rob. Exciting times ahead. I've been very envious of the integration of frame.io in Premiere. Now we have it FCPX!

10.4.4 Released 20 Nov 2018 17:55 #97834

• cseeman
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 59
RedShark has an article on the codec warning.
www.redsharknews.com/post/item/5971-appl...move-away-from-intel

I think this is a case of Apple not really being clear. I can't help but wonder if they check with any professional editors they have contact with to discuss the ambiguity of the messaging before going live with it.

Last edit: by cseeman.

10.4.4 Released 20 Nov 2018 18:37 #97836

• bracket26
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2

Redifer wrote: Well I found what I consider to be a rather giant bug. Creating Compound Clips does not work correctly any more for me.

I'm reluctant to update FCPX if this bug is affecting everyone. Can anyone else chime in about this being an issue? Redifer, did you find a workaround?

Thanks!

10.4.4 Released 20 Nov 2018 19:19 #97841

• cseeman
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
My own speculative hunch would be if this were widely the case, there'd be floods of post in forums far and wide about this issue given that creating Compound clips is not an obscurely used feature.

10.4.4 Released 20 Nov 2018 20:43 #97842

• FCPX.guru
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 473
Can the moderator delete a few of these that do not pertain to the subject of the thread i any way?

10.4.4 Released 20 Nov 2018 20:50 #97843

• damiangrady
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

Redifer wrote: Well I found what I consider to be a rather giant bug. Creating Compound Clips does not work correctly any more for me. The newly created compound clip will slide to a new place earlier in the timeline instead of staying put, like it should. Does not seem to matter if created with Alt + G or via right-click/contextual menu.

Video evidence: - www.gamesack.net/crap/CC.mp4

It should absolutely not do that.

Not happening with me Redifer. I'm on Mojave 10.14.1 if that helps.

10.4.4 Released 21 Nov 2018 00:27 #97854

• Redifer
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 77
It's not happening for me every time, either. I wonder what the issue was? I can't seem to recreate the issue but I'll keep trying to see if I can find out what causes it. I think my OS was on 10.4.0 when it was affecting me. I am at 10.4.1 now.

Last edit: by Redifer.

10.4.4 Released 21 Nov 2018 01:34 #97858

• cseeman
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

Redifer wrote: It's not happening for me every time, either. I wonder what the issue was? I can't seem to recreate the issue but I'll keep trying to see if I can find out what causes it. I think my OS was on 10.4.0 when it was affecting me. I am at 10.4.1 now.

When faced with inexplicable and inconsistent behavior it may be time to reset preferences.

10.4.4 Released 21 Nov 2018 05:27 #97859

• Karsten Schlüter
  • Thank you received: 655

FCPX.guru wrote: Can the moderator delete a few of these that do not pertain to the subject of the thread i any way?

generally, I would love to … but a) all participants should be mature enough to respect the basics of manners and communications, b) freedom of speech yadayada, c) Peter is much more tolerant than me, the soup-… content-nazi … :woohoo:

if this would be my board, full-quotes deserve verboten (oops … ;) ), same with thread-jacking = changing the subject from general observations to me-me-me dialogues …

back2topic …

10.4.4 Released 21 Nov 2018 05:57 #97865

• MsJustine
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • I am in Durban, safe and warm...
  • Thank you received: 46
I really have no emotional investment in my posts, you are free to delete the ones that don't conform, really no biggie on my side...Moderate away moderator... Really delete the ones that are out of context of the thread...

A moderator should have the right to modify within reason any and all posts on a public forum, if I was paying to submit, then I would have to fight for every letter, full stop and comma, this is a free to use forum and if there are posts that need deleting, I respect and encourage it.

10.4.4 Released 21 Nov 2018 06:17 #97868

• Karsten Schlüter
  • Thank you received: 655
<facepalm, speaking to myself> Am I speak in tongues??

MsJustine wrote: …// full quote //.

perfect example of mentioned threadjacking
… for another last time, MsJ:
This thread is not about you, yep, hard to believe: a thread you're participating in is not about you, imagine.
Nor do you have to explain here the job of a janitor … ehm, Mod …

10.4.4 Released 21 Nov 2018 07:46 #97888

• damiangrady
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Is it me or has FCPX become a little faster and responsive in 10.4.4?

10.4.4 Released 21 Nov 2018 08:40 #97891

• robertdee
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
I'm finding that generally. I'm still having an issue with Titles and Generators taking a long time (30 seconds+) to load when I browse them or open FCPX. This has been the case since the Mojave upgrade rather than the new update, though. And I do have a lot :-)

10.4.4 Released 21 Nov 2018 09:11 #97892

• Michi
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Concerning the Legacy-Media warning, it might not be that big of an issue if I understand this blogpost right:
www.digitalrebellion.com/blog/posts/thou..._phased_out_in_macos

I don't really have that much technical knowledge but to me this reads like you can just install external plugins to support Legacy-Media (just as you do now for Redcode or Canon RAW)?

10.4.4 Released 21 Nov 2018 12:09 #97893

• FCPX.guru
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 473
We've noticed all three apps are slightly responsive, and that Compressor processes our daily/weekly jobs in HALF the time it used to, and FCPX exports SLIGHTLY faster than it used to. But the list view still reverts to factory default layout when relaunching FCPX.

10.4.4 Released 21 Nov 2018 14:49 #97895

• Axel
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 72

FCPX.guru wrote: But the list view still reverts to factory default layout when relaunching FCPX.

The filmstrip view as well. I like to see "All", but after a restart, it's back to 30 seconds. I've filed feedback request for this some two years ago, it seems most people don't care. Could one hack this? Somewhere under the hood there has to be the command for this stored.

10.4.4 Released 21 Nov 2018 14:53 #97896

• MsJustine
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • I am in Durban, safe and warm...
  • Thank you received: 46
I have only noticed that the listview defaults to 30seconds and is greyed out, even though the clip is 54minutes long. Thanks for the report!

10.4.4 Released 21 Nov 2018 16:17 #97897

• cseeman
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

Michi wrote: Concerning the Legacy-Media warning, it might not be that big of an issue if I understand this blogpost right:
www.digitalrebellion.com/blog/posts/thou..._phased_out_in_macos

I don't really have that much technical knowledge but to me this reads like you can just install external plugins to support Legacy-Media (just as you do now for Redcode or Canon RAW)?

I believe what it means that being reliant on Quicktime (frameworks) won't work and AVFoundation won't have the equivalent support. Developers (such as Adobe, Avid, Blackmagic) can and will develop their own decoders.

I'm not sure about hooks into FCPX as the article indicates that isn't likely to happen with legacy codecs. They point to FFMPEG based solutions.

What might be interesting to see if some entity develops an odd bit that will detect the legacy codec, use FFMPEG to transcode and have the transcode appear within FCPX. Perhaps some magical "transcoder" plugin.

There are apps like KeyFlow Pro that allow you to install FFMPEG for codecs unsupported by AVFoundation so I wonder if some kind of plugin will read the library and transcode and spit it back into FCPX. I guess it will depend if there's a way for a developer to scale Apple's walled garden.