While my machine here is still on Mojave FCP and PPro are the most actual ones.
The files you uploaded won't import here into PPro as well, displaying the same error code.
When I export from FCP using ProRes though it works fine here. Haven't tried XDCAM.
That was just good luck.
steve223 wrote: not really I used it under Catalina, came up with an error initially but did work, now it won't load a XML anymore.
XFX was EOL with Mojave.
It's not related to the FCP version. XML 1.9 will work fine with the app - but the app needs an OS version prior to Mojave.
Ben showed the way to go,
Don't draw masks for the letters but the letters itself. Use the letters as template.
A piece of paper and a pen could be a good friend to make notes at what percentage of path which width is needed. But I'm not a Motion expert, there might be an easier way.
Depends on what you expect.
If you expect "Broadcast" captions in terms of embedded into the signal FCP is the wrong app.
Otherwise use Ben's advice or any monitor which can be addressed as AV device from FCP or any second monitor to view full screen.
Be careful. "animated" text of that length in an instructional video may end up as "non constructive".
As VidGreg already mentioned that "motion conflicts" between video content and animated text easily can happen.
Do some tests before you proceed.
Duplicate the clip (stack) and use the top one with the mask without key, the lower with key and without mask.
I don't know a plug in to make a "kind of one click fix"
But why not use the "Distort" in the Video Inspector?
X-FX Handler doesn't support Mojave+ OS.
It required a XML.
A quick'n dirty replacement: X-Library Check.
You can use a library (fcpbundle) file to check for external Motion Templates.
www.spherico.com/filmtools/start.html -> X-Library Check
I did a check with another 3 of the AI services: rev.com, otter.ai, SpeedScriber.
The only one which would allow something like you're trying to achieve is SpeedScriber. The other 2 behave like SimonSays and 'save a word every other second'
But it's a bit tricky and cumbersome to do that SpeedScriber - while the result is 'impressive' regarding sync and translation.
From there (text and sync per word) it still would require a lot of steps to get the desired 'effect'.
Clifford - thanks for the files.
As I guessed before both the XML and the time list don't have any timing in a way that makes sense: every 0.709 seconds there is a word for a duration of 0.584 seconds.
So obviously this is a problem with Simon Says. It seems they/you are not able to save the time per word correctly to file - at least for this 'single word process'.
Looking at the screenshot with the audio/titles it seems to XML just have wrong timing – or better: kind of no timing at all.
You can send me the XML to spherico(dot)mail(at)gmail(dot)com and I'll have a look what's going on there.
It definitively has nothing to do with "minimum durations"
Seems be be a lot of misunderstandings here.
There is no lower limit for duration – neither for titles nor captions.
For CEA captions there is a minimum gap between captions.
Caption and Ttites and Generators are all different things. A 'description' of those can be saved as XML. An XML does have no 'captioning structure to make the titles'. So a simple XML describes either Titles or Captions but nothing 'on the fly'.
Furthermore if an XML import has bad timing the XML is wrong and this has nothing to do with 'the captioning system'.
The Timeline Index doesn't allow to edit the text - it allows you to edit the 'Name' of the title (in case it is not a caption). It allows to add notes too – as you said.
You are obviously new to FCP and working with titles and or captions. The best you can do is post an example or some more descriptive things like parts of the file(s) from Simon Says.
I'm sure somebody here can help you.
By default there is no minimum duration, maybe the title you're using is special.