Digital Rebellion has just released CinePlay, a professional movie player replacement for QuickTime Player 7. Lots of features and we have five licences to giveaway.
Why did Apple drop all the useful features when they updated QuickTime Player from 7 to X on the Mac? If we can remember, there was a point in time when there were two versions of the player where you had to enter a registration code to get the extra features. Not any more, X has a reduced functionality such as the ability to trim movies.
All academic now as Mavericks comes with QuickTime Player X as standard although from reading the Apple forums, QT 7 can be installed later. (Not all functions might work however.)
Digital Rebellion has just released CinePlay, a $29 professional QuickTime player that hopes to fill the void. Not only does it replicate most of the handy features of QT7 (like trimming movies) it also adds some very cool new ones.
- Plays back modern QuickTime video formats (legacy formats and third-party codecs like DNxHD are not supported)
- All timings are referenced by timecode, with 00:00:00:00 as the start point if no timecode track is present
- Step forward and back frame-by-frame
- JKL functionality
- Add markers during playback and jump between them
- Export markers to common marker list formats
- View all markers in a separate window
- Mask to various aspect ratios
- Flip and rotate video
- External resizeable timecode window
- Draggable timecode overlay
- 4:3 and 16:9 safe area overlays
- Play cloud videos from Kollaborate and synchronize comments with your colleagues
- Output timecode to Cut Notes
- Editmote remote control
- Trim and transcode video
- Export still frames
This giveaway is now closed, congratulations to
To have a chance of winning one of the 5 players each worth $29, all you have to do is tweet the title of this story and include @FCPdotCo in the tweet. The easiest way to do this is from the tweet button on the top left of the article. The winners will be picked at random from the tweets from now until Friday night, so get tweeting!