TOPIC: mMorphCut

mMorphCut 13 Nov 2015 00:52 #70588

• clcvideo
  • clcvideo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hey there everyone.

Just started using mMorphCut from MotionVFX today on a simple set of interviews.

Had to put the word out on it because it is just fantastic. I know there are some other options in this area but I would have to say that this is by far the best $64 CAD that I have ever spend on a plug in. I am able to put edits in that I wouldn't even have attempted before, and it's making my interviewees come across really well, and cutting the project time down significantly. There is a free Demo so I highly recommend this plug in.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

mMorphCut 13 Nov 2015 03:48 #70591

• BenB
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 1280
Yes, MotionVFX has done some particularly valuable plugins. mObject, mCinegraph, mMorphCut, mDust, mVolumetric to name the ones I use the most.

mMorphCut 20 Nov 2015 04:23 #70808

• ddixon
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 48
+1

I just finished four interviews where I used it extensively. There is a limit to what it will do - if there is too much head movement between clips it looks unnatural. But with reasonablely small movement it's great and with tiny movement the cut disappears.

mMorphCut 21 Apr 2016 20:53 #75797

• Schwyhart
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8
That's what I noticed. It has to be VERY small movements for it to work properly.
Another thing I noticed is that it sometimes messes with my static background. Maybe there's not enough contrast?

I'll upload a clip of how it messes it up. I'm exporting an hour long video and a 15 minute video, so I may not be able to show you guys the clip until later.

Last edit: by Schwyhart.
  • Page: