fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Free SplitScreen Lite for Final Cut Pro X from FordeeTV

Free SplitScreen Lite for Final Cut Pro X from FordeeTV 09 Nov 2012 10:55 #16920

• fordeetv
  • fordeetv's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29
A free FCPX Generator Pack - SplitScreen Lite from FordeeTV.

The SplitScreen Lite generator allows you to split your video into separate distinct screens. SplitScreen Lite comes with three generator presets; Diagonal Down 2, Triangle 3 and Vertical 2.

All frames (SplitScreens) can be adjusted with the following parameters. Position, which is actually the clips offset, Scale, to increase or decrease the size of the original clip, Opacity, allowing you to reduce the clips opacity or render it transparent.

You also have the ability to control the frames separation parameter. Which can either give the clips a border, or by default a separated transparency which renders black if there are no clips covering that area below. You can toggle on/off a solid background which will show up in the frame seperation or where you lower a clips opacity to less than 100%.

Download Here: fordeetv.com/downloads

Hope you guys find these generators useful... I'm working on more plugins and generators in the next coming months. Check my site for other useful tutorial videos on Audio, Video and Graphics.

P.S. Would love to get feedback on the new installer being used for the plugin - hopefully much easier than dragging and dropping the effects by hand! ;)

Thanks,
FordeeTV

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by fordeetv.

Free SplitScreen Lite for Final Cut Pro X from FordeeTV 09 Nov 2012 13:22 #16931

• peter_lambros
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Do these work with Final Cut Pro X 10.0.3? I installed the generator, I can see the preview on the information pane, BUT when I apply the generator to the timeline, I see a red background with the number 2 and a yellow exclamation mark - Anything I am doing wrong?

Free SplitScreen Lite for Final Cut Pro X from FordeeTV 09 Nov 2012 13:26 #16933

• fordeetv
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Unfortunately they do not work in 10.0.3, as they were designed in the latest version of Motion. If you update to 10.0.6 that will fix your ability to use the plugin.

Fordee,
FordeeTV.com

Free SplitScreen Lite for Final Cut Pro X from FordeeTV 09 Nov 2012 15:16 #16950

• anickt
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 59
Drop zones seem to have gone wonky with the update. Even doing it the way you suggest in your video doesn't seem to work consistently for me. I have entered feedback on the issue.

UPDATE - Simon Ubsdell explained to me how it works now. It's actually really nice. It doesn't matter where the playhead is on the timeline and you can choose the clip right from the event. In the inspector click on the drop zone you want to fill. Then in the event skim to the starting frame you want in the clip you want to use. It can be anywhere in the clip as long as there is enough duration to fit the generator drop zone it will work fine. Click on it. Then click on 'Apply Clip'. It works great.

Last edit: by anickt.

Free SplitScreen Lite for Final Cut Pro X from FordeeTV 09 Nov 2012 21:11 #16984

• fordeetv
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Yes, you can apply clips from the event browser as well - the only time that acts finicky is when you have set in and out points.

Hope you're enjoying the plugin!

Have a good day,
Fordee
FordeeTV.com

Free SplitScreen Lite for Final Cut Pro X from FordeeTV 13 Nov 2012 21:48 #17150

• Daniel Rutledge
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Those that know don't tell, and those that tell don't know.
  • Thank you received: 9
When I use it, I get a freeze frame instead of motion. I have my play head at the beginning of the generator and I am using the first frame of each clip. The only thing that I am doing differently from the tutorial is applying the generator in the middle of the project.

Free SplitScreen Lite for Final Cut Pro X from FordeeTV 13 Nov 2012 22:27 #17155

• fordeetv
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Does the freeze frame happen for the length of the generator? Or just for a portion of it? Where are you selecting your frame (clip) from? Have you tried using other source material for the frame (clip)?

Try clearing the source frame (clip) from the generator by clicking on the 'X', then after clicking on the drop well go to your events browser and click once on a clip that's longer than the generator somewhere at the beginning of the clip. Does that work?

Let me know and I'll do my best to help you troubleshoot.

Fordee,
FordeeTV

Free SplitScreen Lite for Final Cut Pro X from FordeeTV 13 Nov 2012 23:45 #17161

• anickt
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 59
See this short tutorial. Drop zones are handled differently in 10.0.6. Greatly improved.

www.fcp.co/forum/7-fcpx-how-to-tutorials...-zones-in-fcp-10-0-6

Free SplitScreen Lite for Final Cut Pro X from FordeeTV 14 Nov 2012 16:45 #17240

• Daniel Rutledge
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Those that know don't tell, and those that tell don't know.
  • Thank you received: 9
It is a freeze frame for the length of the generator. I am selecting my source from within the project, not the event. I actually have arranged my clips under the generator just as it looks in the demo video. I have the play head parked at the beginning of the generator and I am selecting the first frame of the source clip. Still a freeze frame.

Actually, as it turns out, the source I was using was a multi cam clip. When I tried an mov it worked correctly. It would be great if this worked with Multicam.

Thanks for getting back so quickly.

Free SplitScreen Lite for Final Cut Pro X from FordeeTV 14 Nov 2012 21:16 #17264

• fordeetv
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Ahh, unfortunately that's a limitation of Final Cut Pro X, not the plugin itself.

Glad you got it figured out.

Have a great day,
Fordee
FordeeTV.com

• Page: