fbpx
fcp.co logo transparent
fcp clapperboard
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

HDMI Issue 30 Apr 2014 22:57 #45441

Hi there,

I'm having a few issues connecting my LG 42" LCD to the HDMI of the new Mac Pro.

Ok, so I have a 30" Cinema Display connected to an ACTIVE dual link DVI to mini display port adaptor which I have plugged into Thunderbolt port 2. All fine!

I plug my LCD TV HDMI into the HDMI port on the Mac Pro and all I get is the screen intermittently displaying a signal and then going black all the time. I am using a 5m High Quality HDMI cable.

Ok, so I tried another scenario. I used the same HDMI cable but this time used a HDMI to DVI converter and then connected that to a DVI to mini-display port which is then plugged into one of the Thunderbold ports.

Everything works fine. 2 screens working perfectly.

However, I don't want to do this. I want to connect the LCD TV via the HDMI port so that I can use it as an A/V out in FCPX.

Any ideas why I am getting the intermittent thing when the LCD TV is connected to the HDMI? I even get it when it's the only screen plugged in.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

HDMI Issue 03 May 2014 14:10 #45560

• BenB
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 1278
That seems odd. I'd try a different HDMI cable first, and if that doesn't work, I'd run it by an Apple store to get the port tested.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page: