fcp.co logo transparent
fcp clapperboard
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC: M1 Mini v. 13” M1 Macbook Pro: Equal in performance?

M1 Mini v. 13” M1 Macbook Pro: Equal in performance? 12 Nov 2020 22:23 #110805

Pardon the ACCURSED DOUBLE POST here. Came about because of my confusion upon posting, when no text (or invisible text?) was on the page refresh once I hit ‘submit’.

And now I’ve also failed to discover where I could delete one of the two... tarnation! Double tarnation!

But I have to say that the legendary Daviid Ogilvy is STILL spinning in his grave; and has been doing so ever since the user-hostile conceit of REVERSE TEXT became adopted here. There should be an app, allowing adherents of this godforsaken fetish to see their favorite newspaper in reverse text - and thereby better judge the merits thereof. 🤐

Edit #2: just tried to switch my iPad to ‘Dark Mode’ to see if that made a difference here! But nothing is so simple of course. Curiously I can only see the text when I’m editing my post, does everyone have this going on or is there some fix ?

Read about these new machines and went to Apple’s website and did a ‘compare’ on the two of them.

The compare seemed to describe them as identical in respect to their performance,with possible exception of their support for monitors.

Is there a difference there? Are they otherwise equally capable, for example at handling pixelmator’s super resolution feature?

And the additional ports on the Mini - do they allow functions beyond the Macbook Pro?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Blackburn.

M1 Mini v. 13” M1 Macbook Pro: Equal in performance? 13 Nov 2020 01:50 #110807

I think you might have been caught up in the Forum update we have just done.
Can you see everything now?
Administrator

M1 Mini v. 13” M1 Macbook Pro: Equal in performance? 13 Nov 2020 02:11 #110810

Hi Peter!

Still there is nothing to be seen. But I chose ‘quote ‘ and then what you’d written came to view in a black box as reverse text- again, lol.

Are you using some trick, to see what seems to be white on white?

Last edit: by Blackburn.
  • Page: