fcp.co logo transparent
fcp clapperboard
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
14 Nov 2020
Moving over to a new system, we couldn't take the old avatars - so please upload a new one!
  • Page:

TOPIC: The right HUB for the latest MacBook Pro

The right HUB for the latest MacBook Pro 09 Dec 2017 07:35 #92173

• AppleGuru
  • AppleGuru's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
I bought myself one of the latest MacBook Pros, now I am in search for the right hub which seems tricky.
The main issues is that I still have a Apple Thunderbolt Display, which seems almost impossible Todfeind a hub that is compatible with this monitor!

Any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The right HUB for the latest MacBook Pro 09 Dec 2017 11:31 #92175

• schloerg
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Apple says that the thunderbolt 3 to thunderbolt 2 adapter is not working with the apple cinema display.

OWC Thunderbolt dock 2 is very a comfortable device with many connections. In this case you will also need the apple thunderbolt 3 to thunderbolt 2 adapter. (The adapter works in both directions) This combination will cost you 270 U$

OWC's thunderbolt dock 2 is very nice device also for FCPX. You can use a monitor connected via thunderbolt or via HDMI for a/v output, without any lag. You don't need an extra Blackmagic- or Aja device.

So you could probably connect the apple cinema display via thunderbolt 2 with the OWC dock, and a second monitor via HDMI for FCPX a/v output. (But take a look a google if anyone has successfully connected the apple cinema display to the OWC thunderbolt dock 2).

Last edit: by schloerg.

The right HUB for the latest MacBook Pro 09 Dec 2017 14:02 #92177

• Albo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Not sure if this is relevant but...I bought an Apple TB 3 to TB 2 adapter and it didn't work on my iMac 2017 with external monitor. I bought another brand and it did work.

• Page: