fcp.co logo transparent
fcp clapperboard
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

ANY adapters for using USB-C devices on Mac Pro (2013)? 19 Dec 2016 11:23 #84093

• DFPete
  • DFPete's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi there, can anybody help me?
Now the new MacBook Pro is out all these great USB-C SSDs come out and mark a new speed gain. But they only run USB-C! And I was searching the whole weekend for an adapter but I haven't found one!
Is there at least one solution for Thunderbolt 2 users to connect to a USB-C device with at least TB2 speed?

Thank you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by DFPete.

ANY adapters for using USB-C devices on Mac Pro (2013)? 19 Dec 2016 12:25 #84095

• Ben Balser
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 629

ANY adapters for using USB-C devices on Mac Pro (2013)? 19 Dec 2016 12:31 #84096

• DFPete
Yes I did but isn't this cable only being used for connecting USB-C hosts to older devices?

UPDATE: Oh now I understand: support.apple.com/de-de/HT207266 this helped a lot!
So maybe I want to use a SanDisk Extreme 900 with my Mac Pro (2013) I have to buy a powered USB-C dock which supplies the SSD with power because the adapter doesn't support powering from TB2 to TB3. Right?

ANY adapters for using USB-C devices on Mac Pro (2013)? 19 Dec 2016 16:06 #84099

• Ben Balser
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 629
Oh, you want a bus powered drive?

Last edit: by Ben Balser.

ANY adapters for using USB-C devices on Mac Pro (2013)? 19 Dec 2016 16:36 #84102

• DFPete
YEAH, because the SanDisk Extreme 900 is really fast for editing 4K stuff and has 2 TB of space. But it is bus powered and so not compatible with Apples own adapter. So must it be an USB-C hub/dock which has it's own power supply to be compatible with the Mac Pro?

Or is there any other external drive with that space+speed+price point?

• Page: