fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: DUDE... New Digigrid with 8 I/O + DSP!!

DUDE... New Digigrid with 8 I/O + DSP!! 05 Dec 2014 02:06 #56951

• simon.a.billington
  • simon.a.billington's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
For those of you who are working audio....

I just received a link to this in my email today, it's looking pretty awesome I must say. Pity I just brought a new machine. It would be so sweet.

www.waves.com/hardware/digigrid-ios?utm_...digigrid-ios-iox-ioc

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

DUDE... New Digigrid with 8 I/O + DSP!! 07 Dec 2014 23:33 #57072

• VidGreg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 197
Simon,
Seems pretty steep $$$$
$3760 for 8 ins. Ouch.

Just bought a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 interface for <$500.00
Not sure how to justify a Digigrid being that much better. The Focusrite has very clean electronics. Yes I realize lots of differences, just in the end, all we need is to record clean, and given the power of modern computers… just saying…

For less money(<$3,000.00USD) I'd consider a Berhinger X32 interface board. 32/40 ins, 25 motorized faders, DSP, memory, and despite being a Berhinger, looks pretty solid. Berhinger is attempting to become a real name in innovation, not just cheap copy cats.

I miss real faders.

Hope this helps, Greg

DUDE... New Digigrid with 8 I/O + DSP!! 11 Dec 2014 04:36 #57212

• simon.a.billington
  • simon.a.billington's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
You're right that it is very pricey, but when you start comparing their prices to what Universial Audio and Focusrite are doing, then it is pretty much on par with the industry.

You did make your comparisons with a Scarlett and from that stand point your observation is even more correct. But really these devices are more likened to the Red range.

Totally expandable with various types of interfaces to select from. It can be integrated with a lot of mixers as well. Then there is the DSP engine that you don't see in a Focusrite unit, but more of a UAD Apollo unit which don't have the the same extensive type of expandability.

On top of that Waves will be working with 3rd parties to try and bring their plugins to the format as well. So it won't be just a Waves exclusive thing. But it is good news for all your older projects. It should mean you could have all your Waves plugins within these projects tapping into DigiGrid with a minimum of fuss.

If anything these units come a lot closer to the ProTools HDX systems, but are more affordable on that standpoint.

So yeah, it is pricey, but once you stand it amongst it's peers, the price point is pretty much on target.

It is too expensive for me to own, but I do see the advantages in having one. :)

• Page: