fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Coremelt and M1 (Apple Silicon) 15 Mar 2021 23:52 #113426

• Orxion
  • Orxion's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi, any one with M1 and coremelt?

according to this coremelt.com/blogs/news/how-to-use-corem...-on-apple-m1-silicon ti should work and yes . it does

but it is stuck in trial version mode and I can`t get rid of it .. does anyone has an experience with that? thx

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Coremelt and M1 (Apple Silicon) 16 Mar 2021 01:59 #113429

• dgwvideo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 281
I believe Coremelt's plugins are licensed for 1 machine. If you also have the plugin on another Mac, that may be what is triggering the "Trial" watermark. If not, I suggest you send Coremelt a support ticket from their website. They are a reliable developer and respond quickly.
Creating history....one edit at a time !

Coremelt and M1 (Apple Silicon) 03 Aug 2021 22:27 #115634

Got the same issue. I can't even open the Registration window to license the plugins. Are they even working properly under m1? I kept getting a window saying "Lost contact with Helper Application" or something like that.

Coremelt and M1 (Apple Silicon) 04 Aug 2021 01:08 #115637

• JoeEditor
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 702
Have you downloaded and installed the latest updates? Just download from their downloads page, even if it says demo, it'll find the license in your system and work fine. But be sure you have the latest versions. Then contact their tech support directly. They're pretty good taking care of customers.

Coremelt and M1 (Apple Silicon) 04 Aug 2021 08:38 #115638

Hi, please go to /Applications/CoreMelt and open the license installer from there.

We are working on native M1 versions, they're coming, we unfortunately had to wait for some technical issues beyond our control to be addressed.

Coremelt and M1 (Apple Silicon) 12 Oct 2021 17:35 #116696

Registration working fine for me on M1 Mini. Looking forward to the update (soon, I hope!).

Coremelt and M1 (Apple Silicon) 24 Nov 2021 09:35 #117631

Even though I installed Rosetta 2, it doesn't work with macOS Monterey.

Coremelt and M1 (Apple Silicon) 24 Nov 2021 16:47 #117637

Are you using their FCP launcher?
coremelt.com/blogs/news/how-to-use-corem...-on-apple-m1-silicon

EDIT: Ran the latest Everything installer (Nov. 9, 2021) on my Intel iMac (working fine with Big Sur), but am out of town and haven't tested on my M1 Mini yet.

Last edit: by dmetz.

Coremelt and M1 (Apple Silicon) 24 Nov 2021 16:52 #117638

Hi - I might be able to be of some help.

There are some easy-to-use launchers and instructions for use at the link below which will launch FCP in Rosetta mode. This must be done each time you wish launch FCPX to use plugins which are not yet Silicon / M1 / Max native.

Also, which plugins in specifically are you using? It can help the support team a bit in narrowing things down.

cheers

jake

Coremelt and M1 (Apple Silicon) 26 Nov 2021 13:52 #117678

Thank you. It works now!

Coremelt and M1 (Apple Silicon) 27 Dec 2021 11:21 #118145

• IDS
I'm a big fan of coremelt and a early on supporter. I bought almost the entire suite and ad ons like paint x years ago. The ability to use mocha powered tool in FCPX is amazing. BUT ... Since I switched to M1 ( and lately upgraded to M1Max ) I really get tired of the lack of support from coremelt towards M1 Macs. The new released FCPX is so much faster on silicon and working on my projects is a breeze. I updated all my plug ins to run native on M1 - almost every developer MOTIONVFX, FXFactory, even PixelFilm is now offering updates. Mocha by itself is now running native on M1. Instead of release a useless 3D tool and transition tool they should work harder on updating their current programs.

If you seeking for a great 3D integration within FCPX wait until MVFX will update m02 for M1.

Coremelt and M1 (Apple Silicon) 27 Dec 2021 14:44 #118147

• JoeEditor
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • bbalser.com
Lock&Load is now M1 native. And don’t blame Coremelt, they are working hard to be M1 native, but as any developer for FCP plugins will tell you, Apple makes it very difficult. Apple had bugs in their side of things developers have to wait on. If Apple would put the effort and resources into pro apps they put into iPads, it would be a much smoother transition.

Coremelt and M1 (Apple Silicon) 29 Dec 2021 08:19 #118169

I work with Coremelt frequently on projects, and can confirm that there have been significant hurdles since M1 launch which actually caused certain routines to behave significantly *slower* than on Rosetta, and led to several major code-breaking changes. Those issues needed to be resolved by Apple before the programming team could fully engage on converting the legacy plugins over, to ensure no loss of functionality.

The Silicon Native version of Lock & Load has just been released according to recent mailout and blog post.
coremelt.com/blogs/news/lock-and-load-is...apple-silicon-native

Also, the new Coremelt Application Manager is also released, which at the very least, will advise as soon as new versions are available.
coremelt.com/pages/coremelt-manager-application

Hopefully the remaining plugs get wrapped up soon. In the meantime of course, as with many other apps, they can run via Rosetta 2, as mentioned.

Coremelt and M1 (Apple Silicon) 02 Jan 2022 08:12 #118218

• IDS
Hello Ben, thank you for your reply. Yes I agree if apple would focus less on iPads and more on the development of ProApps we probably would not have this conversation. It's just I really like to stay within the FCPX environment. Since there is no update for certain things I'm forced to explore other options. Maybe I'm just frustrated because I always have to justify the use of FCPX against every PC user ... "Why don't you use Premiere Pro and After Effects blah blah "

Coremelt and M1 (Apple Silicon) 03 Jan 2022 15:29 #118226

• JoeEditor
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • bbalser.com
I believe that Coremelt Application Manager is still a beta release, not a public release.

Why do you have to justify using FCP? PC users don't give a crap what we Mac users are doing. If they do, that's their problem, not yours or mine. That argument is so overblown. I'm surrounded daily by Windows users, no one ever says a word to me about using a Mac. Probably because I have faster turnarounds with better quality than they do. Most of that due to years of experience, not because I use a Mac.

ALL APPS have this same issue with ever MacOS update. You have to wait for all of your apps and plugins and templates to be compatible first. I'm still on Intel, and will be for another two years I think, partially because I have several apps I rely on daily that are not ready for the latest M1, partially I don't feel the need to buy everything Apple makes the day it is released. My iMac Pro is churning through paying work just fine, I've no reason at all to spend that much money at this time.

And this is all far from being unique to FCP. Mountains out of mole hills, IMHO. Now, I have a bunch of interviews to edit for a TV show, and in a record short amount of time, on a Mac, with FCP. And if someone wants to use PPro, good, I could not care less. Why should I? Hey, I ran a TV station's whole production dept on FCP. Nobody's life will be change because of that.

Last edit: by JoeEditor.

Coremelt and M1 (Apple Silicon) 13 Jan 2022 14:50 #118420

Hello, i'm having problem with Track Layer. When i finish to track layer, choosing 2.Surface, but i'm getting „Please switch to 'Track' mode first, create a shape for tracking, and track motion.“ File is optimised, on primary storyline. Running on M1 with Rosetta2. For example SliceX Blur Shape Mask is working perfect. Please, can you help me, maybe i dont know something...

Coremelt and M1 (Apple Silicon) 11 Aug 2022 17:01 #121809

I'm another user who is frustrated that SliceX is still not Apple Silicon compatible. I find Rosetta very buggy and slow I use.

• Page:
Moderators: funwithstuff, CoreMelt