fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: FCPX, Motion 5: Systems with two graphics cards may export QuickTime movies with green artifacts

FCPX, Motion 5: Systems with two graphics cards may export QuickTime movies with green artifacts 25 Jul 2011 04:20 #513

• peteramwiggins
  • peteramwiggins's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The Administrator :)
  • Thank you received: 376
All,

Apple have released this Knowledgebase Article

Products Affected
Final Cut Pro X, Motion 5

Resolution
To work around this issue, only use Final Cut Pro X or Motion 5 with a single graphics card installed on your system.
Administrator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by peteramwiggins.

Re: FCPX, Motion 5: Systems with two graphics cards may export QuickTime movies with green artifacts 25 Jul 2011 16:35 #517

• visualreality
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I saw these artifacts on my very first export from FCPX. I was trying to export it as an MP4 but not through Compressor. When I exported as "Current Settings" it was fine. It has not happened since

Re: FCPX, Motion 5: Systems with two graphics cards may export QuickTime movies with green artifacts 12 Aug 2011 00:08 #776

• Superfletch
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
OK... this maybe a stupid question, but... I get this issue with my MacBook Pro 2.8 Nvidia 9600GT. How would I solve the issue with this. Change it to "Better Battery Life"? I'm perplexed...

Re: FCPX, Motion 5: Systems with two graphics cards may export QuickTime movies with green artifacts 12 Aug 2011 12:22 #780

• peteramwiggins
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
I think it means two graphics cards installed in a MacPro. You should be ok with your MBP, but have it toggled to better performance.
Administrator

Re: FCPX, Motion 5: Systems with two graphics cards may export QuickTime movies with green artifacts 12 Aug 2011 17:50 #783

• Superfletch
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I would have thought so too, however... I have experienced this macro blocking with the green and magenta pixels on two separate occasions now. Once for a second or two at the beginning and once for a second or two at the end.. both on about 5 minute long videos.

Re: FCPX, Motion 5: Systems with two graphics cards may export QuickTime movies with green artifacts 24 Aug 2011 22:46 #987

• aukun
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm obviously not a computer geek! How do you set up your Mac to use only one graphic card with Motion 5?

peteramwiggins wrote: All,

Apple have released this Knowledgebase Article

Products Affected
Final Cut Pro X, Motion 5

Resolution
To work around this issue, only use Final Cut Pro X or Motion 5 with a single graphics card installed on your system.

Re: FCPX, Motion 5: Systems with two graphics cards may export QuickTime movies with green artifacts 25 Aug 2011 14:14 #1000

• peteramwiggins
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
If you've only got one graphics card in your machine then you are ok.
Administrator

• Page: