fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Final Cut Pro X, Motion 5, Compressor 4: Issues updating on the Mac App Store

Final Cut Pro X, Motion 5, Compressor 4: Issues updating on the Mac App Store 26 Sep 2011 17:50 #1391

• peteramwiggins
  • peteramwiggins's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The Administrator :)
  • Thank you received: 376
All,

Apple have issued a Knowledge Base article about upgrade issues

What is interesting is the lasts paragraph:

Symptoms
The Mac App Store may not offer the Final Cut Pro X 10.0.1, Motion 5.0.1, or Compressor 4.0.1 updates, or may present an alert during installation.

Products Affected
Compressor 4, Motion 5, Final Cut Pro X
Resolution
If the update is not listed under the Updates Tab:

Drag the appropriate application to the Trash from the /Applications folder.
Empty Trash by clicking Finder > Empty Trash
Open the Mac App Store.
Click the Purchases tab.
Click Install next to the appropriate application.

Notes:

Reinstalling the application does not affect your Events or projects since they are stored in a separate location.

You should not update or install an application from the Mac App Store if you have more than one copy of the application installed anywhere; this includes any mounted partition or mounted disc image. Doing so can produce unexpected results, including refusing to install.
Administrator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Final Cut Pro X, Motion 5, Compressor 4: Issues updating on the Mac App Store 13 Jan 2012 22:08 #3137

• dgwvideo
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 237
I know this is an older post, so maybe this is not an issue in 10.0.2 fcpx. Do you think this also refers to the copy that is created from a time machine backup?
Creating history....one edit at a time !

Re: Final Cut Pro X, Motion 5, Compressor 4: Issues updating on the Mac App Store 14 Jan 2012 00:40 #3141

• BenB
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 1277
No, it was an App Store glitch only. It had to do with the App Store recognizing the existing version number. No effect on Timemachine at all.

Re: Final Cut Pro X, Motion 5, Compressor 4: Issues updating on the Mac App Store 14 Jan 2012 07:32 #3149

• Mikeybouchereau
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 80
wow seeing this Post, made me open my app store and go to updates. I was very sad to see that all apps are up to date.

Re: Final Cut Pro X, Motion 5, Compressor 4: Issues updating on the Mac App Store 14 Jan 2012 07:38 #3151

• BenB
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
And that means...?

Re: Final Cut Pro X, Motion 5, Compressor 4: Issues updating on the Mac App Store 14 Jan 2012 08:06 #3154

• Mikeybouchereau
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 80
I am waiting for the early 2012 update to bring multicam, and broadcast monitoring. I was simply referring to the the Title of the post, and when I saw it my sheer giddy excitement for a new update. Upon seeing that all my apps were up to date I realized that this post had been bumped up from a much older post about it .1 update.

Re: Final Cut Pro X, Motion 5, Compressor 4: Issues updating on the Mac App Store 16 Jan 2012 01:09 #3178

• Julian_M
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Yeah I got a bit excited too - noticing the little red icon that said I had an app store update - problem is its saying I have an FCPX 10.0.2 update to install, when that version's already installed :blink:

Is this a glitch or could be indicating something's missing from my install?

We have a 15 GB per month download limit so I'm not going to "try it and see" !

Re: Final Cut Pro X, Motion 5, Compressor 4: Issues updating on the Mac App Store 17 Jan 2012 02:48 #3188

• BenB
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
If you highlight the actual application icon in the Applications folder, Cmd-i, and it says version 10.0.2, you're good to go. Ignore the App Store. I was a one time glitch for these pro video apps.

• Page: