fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Importing several videos as a single layer instead of staggering the videos 06 Aug 2022 00:48 #121705

Greetings,

I really like Apple Motion and would like to know if it will allow me to import several videos and spread them across the timeline as a single layer instead of staggering them as multiple layers. I'm sure Final Cut Pro can do this but I can't afford the cost of that Final Cut Pro. Currently I've been using Filmora to do that, but I would like to do all of my editing in Apple Motion. If the software can do this, please let me know how to do it hopefully with some tutorial links.

I would also like to be able to split and remove chunks of each video as needed.

Thanks so much.

Truly,
Emad

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Importing several videos as a single layer instead of staggering the videos 08 Aug 2022 15:47 #121734

Motion won't do that, as it's not built to do it. Have you considered iMovie?

Importing several videos as a single layer instead of staggering the videos 08 Aug 2022 16:51 #121735

Thanks for the reply.

Can iMovie be a plugin with Motion or Motion be a plugin to iMovie so I can slice and dice on the timeline in iMovie and send the file directly into Motion? I have Filmora, but that software can't do that. Currently, I have to export the file then import it into Motion.

Last edit: by rleiman.

Importing several videos as a single layer instead of staggering the videos 09 Aug 2022 01:11 #121744

• sc_fox
  • Thank you received: 17
Motion can't do what you want explicitly but if you just need to *treat* all the imported videos as a single layer "track", then just load them up in a Group, arrange them in time, then select their Group and make a Clone layer (just type the K key). [Turn off the Group visibility if it remains on.] You can do just about anything you want with the clone as if it were a single object/timeline.

Importing several videos as a single layer instead of staggering the videos 09 Aug 2022 02:50 #121745

Thanks for the helpful reply. Do you know of a video tutorial showing how to do that? I'm still very new to Apple Motion.

Importing several videos as a single layer instead of staggering the videos 09 Aug 2022 04:24 #121746

• sc_fox
I made a quick demo for you:

Importing several videos as a single layer instead of staggering the videos 09 Aug 2022 08:15 #121749

Thanks so much. You are the best. 👌

Importing several videos as a single layer instead of staggering the videos 09 Aug 2022 23:56 #121776

You can have motion distribute the clips in time one after the other on import if you drag all the clips down into the Timeline and hover. A pop up will come up and give you to option to lay out the clips in a composite or sequentially.

Importing several videos as a single layer instead of staggering the videos 10 Aug 2022 00:17 #121778

• sc_fox
Nice! That's my "learn something new every day" tip ;)

• Page: