fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

How to publish position "puck" OSC from Motion to appear as generator in FCP 18 Nov 2021 08:32 #117551

Okay, so I'm trying to make some of my own plugins and going a little crazy trying to figure out how some on-screen controls are created.

In a Motion generator project, I have a drop-zone in the canvas and want to have it shrink down and move to a position that I set (while in FCP). I can publish the target X/Y coordinates and adjust them either as number-values or sliders of course, but it would be really handy to have the "puck" to grab and adjust position and rotation, like in this image.

Is this possible just using Motion, or do you need to be a developer to have access to some of those advanced controls?

EDIT: Aw nuts, accidentally posted this in FCP instead of Motion. Mods, please feel free to move this if you want, I can't seem to change or delete.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by dademurphy. Reason: posted in wrong subforum

How to publish position "puck" OSC from Motion to appear as generator in FCP 18 Nov 2021 08:42 #117552

Motion master-mind Fox Mahoney has published a 3 part in-depth seminar here at fcp.co in which he describes ALL methods of creating OSCs

fcp.co/final-cut-pro/tutorials/1835-the-...ro-x-revealed-part-1

I did use many of his advices in my plug-ins...

How to publish position "puck" OSC from Motion to appear as generator in FCP 18 Nov 2021 08:50 #117554

Holy smokes, this is the holy grail I've been looking for! I know what I'm doing tomorrow! THANK YOU!!

I also learned a valuable lesson: even if you don't find your topic in the forums, search in the articles as well. I would have found it straight away. 😅

(Also for anyone else finding interest in this, it looks like the third article was done by Peter Wiggins and can be found here .)

How to publish position "puck" OSC from Motion to appear as generator in FCP 19 Nov 2021 04:23 #117564

… Holy smokes, this is the holy grail I've been looking for! I know what I'm doing tomorrow! THANK YOU!!…

Glad being helpful :)

That complete version is no 5-min read, Fox has in-depth knowledge, I dare to say, even the Motion-team at Apple hasn't ;)

But basically, a 'knob to move things', is no rocket science - I like OSCs for most of my stuff more than abstract numbers and off-screen sliders. Feel free to post Qs, the first steps are a bit bumpy......

• Page: