fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Resizing graphics makes them jagged 12 Aug 2021 14:31 #115733

• Suzero
  • Suzero's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 6
I am importing a logo as a transparent PNG to animate it in Motion.
The PNG is 72dpi (I also have 300dpi and tried that, but no difference) and larger than I need.
If I make the logo smaller in Motion, the lines get jagged.
Any tips on how to keep things smooth?
Thanks!
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Resizing graphics makes them jagged 13 Aug 2021 00:25 #115738

• JoeEditor
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 702
Make the logo the size you need, and always 72dpi in video. If you make an image too large or too small, yes, it begins to pixelate. So how small are you shrinking it in Motion?

Resizing graphics makes them jagged 16 Aug 2021 06:32 #115776

Hoi Suzanna,

Before you do anything else, check your preview Render settings in Motion. Set Resolution to "Full" and Quality to "Best". That will allow you to see your graphic at full quality, no matter how much you shrink or scale it.

Groetjes,

- Ronny
Attachments:

Resizing graphics makes them jagged 16 Aug 2021 08:35 #115781

• Suzero
  • Suzero's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 6
Thanks for that tip, Ronny.

What helped was adjusting render settings upon export and selecting "High quality resampling". It seemed to make it very slightly blurrier, but that shouldn't be a big problem for this particular project.

The strange thing is that Motion doesn't do this with all graphics (even if they are the same size and being resized in the same way). I was wondering if it perhaps had to do with the magenta/white contrast?
Attachments:

Resizing graphics makes them jagged 16 Aug 2021 10:20 #115782

Hey Suzanna,

When you set your export render settings to "Best", this automatically enables "High Quality Resampling". You can test this:

- Set render settings in the export menu to "Normal", then choose "Custom". High Quality Resampling will not be checked.

- Set render settings to "Best", then choose "Custom". High Quality Resampling will always be checked.

The easiest way to always get the best render quality is to just click the "Highest Quality" button in the export render Menu. This will set render setting to "Best" and it will automatically activate "High Quality Resampling" for the exported movie.

I cannot explain why this particular graphic gets slightly blurred in the exported video file. I don't think it has anything to do with the colors. One thing you could try is to export the project with Motion Blur and/or Frame Blending disabled to see if this makes any difference.

- Ronny

Last edit: by ronny courtens.
  • Page: