Hi, can anyone tell me please if there’s a way to trim an imported video element inside a Motion project please? I have lots of footage that I want to use in the Motion project, but I don’t want to have to keep exporting the elements from FCPX. I would like to be able to import the .movs and trim them within the Motion project. Is there a way to slip/slide media once it’s been put inside the project? Many thanks Damian
Can you edit and trim clips in Motion 5's timeline like you can in the FCPX timeline?
In Motion's Timeline, you can:
• Add a video clip to a Layer, then grab it and slide it left and right.
• Grab the start or end of a clip and trim, like in FCPX.
• Hold the Option key and slip the content of a clip, if it has already been trimmed.
• Place the playhead where you want to trim to, select that layer, use i to trim the start, o to trim the end of that clip to the playhead position.
• Place your playhead where you want to blade/splice a clip, Edit > Split, and the clip will be cut at that point, and the second half added to a new Layer.
Go to the following link, click the "Table Of Contents" link,
go to the "Manage Timing" section,
then to the "Editing Objects In The Timeline" sub-section
for more details like overwrite edits, ripple edits, and more.