• Page:

TOPIC: Publishing group/layer checkboxes to FCPX

Publishing group/layer checkboxes to FCPX 25 Jul 2018 16:41 #96483

• muddygun
  • muddygun's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13
There is a duplicate of this post in the regular forum, thats because I did the wrong one the first time. I wanted this to live here though, so I posted it again.

Since Motion 5 came out I have been having a hell of time dealing with publishing the checkboxes for layers or groups. The only way I could really do it was rig opacity on my groups and then publish the rig. Well, I found a way that you couldn't quite expect. I was trying to change the out point of a layer, so I figured I could maybe publish the Timing panel in the inspector. Well, you can publish it...but it doesn't publish what you would expect. You could think it would publish the timing pane, but instead it publishes a checkbox with the name of the item you are selected on. I was like...what?!?!? Could I finally have found the way to publish checkboxes....and indeed I did. Works on both layers and groups. Someone told me you could use snapshots to do something similar...but I could never get that to work. Anyways, let me know if any of you guys already knew this and if its helpful at all.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Found a way to publish checkboxes for layers/groups to FCPX 25 Jul 2018 17:30 #96484

• Doug
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14
This is very counter-intuitive and I'm so glad you stumbled across this! Thanks for posting, it works exactly as you said!

Publishing group/layer checkboxes to FCPX 26 Jul 2018 04:12 #96516

• Karsten Schlüter
  • Thank you received: 661
NIIICE!!! :)

… ok, a 'zero-ed' timing let a group/layer vanish… that is just to some low degree comprehensible … but it works, indeed! Excellent find.-

Motion-Master Simon Ubsdell published a while ago this method, swapping content in a rigged clone

… but that swaps only content - on same x/y position. Your published timing method switches everything on/off.

THANKS for sharing, Randall!

/moderated your first post, and Dougs reply, ok? /

• Page: