• Page:

TOPIC: OSCs for destination

OSCs for destination 21 Apr 2017 13:09 #87405

• bobmax48
  • bobmax48's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18
I have AddMotion and all of the Ripple Training titles and most times they do what I want. This time though I want to have a paragraph fly in and off screen. If I were able to modify either of the purchased titles then I could get what I want for this project, but I can not modify those titles and effects.

So what I am looking for is how do I make an OSC that will allow me to have the paragraph move on and off screen. I only want to go either horizontal or vertical. AddMotion seems to have two OSCs with a line connecting them together. What research I have been able to find is that this can only be done with some programming and I am programming ignorant. So is there anyway to create this title/effect using just Motion and no keyframming?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

OSCs for destination 22 Apr 2017 06:17 #87438

• Karsten Schlüter
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 647

bobmax48 wrote: … AddMotion seems to have two OSCs with a line connecting them together. What research I have been able to find is that this can only be done with some programming … So is there anyway to create this title/effect using just Motion and no keyframming?

No, wrong info: you can utilise many other OSCs without any programming (I can't program either), for example in my TCV tool , I use a 'box' to position and size an effect ....

Motion-Master Mahoney explains in his 3part series about the 'Mysteries of OSCs'
www.fcp.co/final-cut-pro/tutorials/1842-...eries-of-oscs-part-3

For your task, the DIRECTIONAL BLUR offers a two-dots-connected interface:

x/y of both dots are available …
Attachments:

OSCs for destination 22 Apr 2017 18:09 #87445

• bobmax48
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Thank you for the suggestion of the Gradient Blur to use as an OSC. Problem is that I can not get it to link so that I can move the box using the OSC. Back to the drawing board.

OSCs for destination 23 Apr 2017 03:53 #87450

• Karsten Schlüter
  • Away

bobmax48 wrote: T… Gradient Blur to use as an OSC. … can not get it to link so that I can move the box using the OSC. Back to the drawing board.

easy like that:
attached a 'sketch' of your project ....

probably, usage of a Custom-behaviour would be better (?) ;)
Attachments:

OSCs for destination 26 Apr 2017 18:44 #87581

• bobmax48
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Sorry been a few days, I had to finish seven videos. I ended up using AddMotion on a title I made. The title is aligned and linked to a box so that the box grows according to the text entered. Adding AddMotion to the title and creating a compound clip gave me the same action that I wanted for the title. I would apply the title compound clip then break apart the clips. In my case I have the box coming down on the Y axis. That worked perfect. So I studied your xposgrad project and tried to apply similar Links, Behaviors and OSC to my title. I have not been successful in getting the box and text to move with the OSC. What I want to ask you in your project you have the Rectangle with two links and a behavior, are you creating links to the Move behavior X axis? I tried linking to the Y axis of the Move behavior but the Box still would only move along the X axis. How do you know after the fact what you parameter you linked to? I am always trying to create something I can imagine in my head but can not actually create. Once again for your help.

OSCs for destination 26 Apr 2017 20:03 #87586

• Karsten Schlüter
  • Away
I don't own AddMotion - so, no idea what it does …
And let's forget for a minute your titles design…

What you want is something like this?

Then, try attached Motion file… Tried to name everything properly.
There are three elements:
a link to Starting points X; a link to End points X; and a Ramp behaviour which controls the mix=movement form A to B
and…
same three elements for Y…

hope, you understand what I've built.... ;)
Attachments:

OSCs for destination 27 Apr 2017 20:09 #87626

• bobmax48
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Thank you for all of your help. Using your A to B project and adding the Ripple Training's idea of using the Align To behavior creates what I am wanted. A few other things that I would like to figure out but they are not showstoppers is how to lock the OSC so that they are only moving vertically or horizontally. In this version I turned off the X axis. With a rig I think I might be able to accomplish so I can lock to either direction. Here is a copy of the project if you would like to look at it.

File Attachment:

File Name: AtoBBobsversion.zip
File Size:30 KB
Attachments:

OSCs for destination 28 Apr 2017 07:13 #87631

• Karsten Schlüter
  • Away
Thank YOU for feedback and sharing your version...!

conc. 'no x' - apply CLAMP behaviours to the OSC/filters X/Y-points, and rig the min/max parameters.
Doing so, you could create a drop.down 'no X/no Y/free X/ free Y/ free X&Y' …

… meant as a suggestion … ;)

Last edit: by Karsten Schlüter.
  • Page: