fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Getting Rigs to publish multiple camera angles.

Getting Rigs to publish multiple camera angles. 11 Apr 2017 13:44 #87089

• muddygun
  • muddygun's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13
I figured out a way to get different camera takes on a Motion Template inside of FCPX. Hope this helps anyone. Also found a way to get one drop zone for multiple different layers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by muddygun.

Getting Rigs to publish multiple camera angles. 11 Apr 2017 15:47 #87097

• Karsten Schlüter
  • Thank you received: 661

"There's no way to pop-on-off layers"

oh, contraire - there is:
Simon Ubsdell just recently published a simple way to avoid those 100s opacity sliders:

"There's no way to flip on off a camera"

no, but you can rig diff. cam movement quiet easily, have shown that half a year ago:
www.fcp.co/forum/7-fcpx-how-to-tutorials...video-tutorial#78558

soo, nice demo, but not 'first' ;)
and Simon and I explained in under 10min :woohoo:

Last edit: by Karsten Schlüter.

Getting Rigs to publish multiple camera angles. 14 Apr 2017 13:24 #87213

• muddygun
  • muddygun's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13
Thats not a bad option for turning layers on/off. Thanks for the link.

As for the animated camera thing, I just didn't know someone had already pointed that out. I just assumed no one did, since the Motion community is rather small. I did talk about other things like using Cinema 4D in motion, cloning layers for one image well in FCPX. So....there is some reason for the 25 minute length. I will try and make shorter next time.

Getting Rigs to publish multiple camera angles. 15 Apr 2017 04:23 #87222

• Karsten Schlüter
  • Thank you received: 661

muddygun wrote: … I just assumed no one did, since the Motion community is rather small. I did talk about other things like using Cinema 4D in motion, cloning layers for one image well in FCPX. So....there is some reason for the 25 minute length. I will try and make shorter next time.

Hi Randall,
apologizes, my comment came over more grumpier than intended :blush:

… I don't claim to be the inventor of rigging cam movements, honestly I don't know how I picked up the idea for that video, educated guess some 'development' of a Rippletwin tut … (??)

yes, in public, there's a very manageable group of enthusiasts of Motion … at last, sharing their insights, to mention the most popular ones F.Mahoney, S.Ubsdell, M. Spencer, in the past A.Gollner… (at ASC, there's occasionally 'GFXZen', don't know his identity) … and a few companies, offering Motion stuff, most famous motionvfx, or fxfactory…

… but I do know, Motion is a common tool, … any editor can 'slam together' his/hers own lower thirds together within a minute ;)

No, sorry, I didn't want to discourage you … but, frankly, I gave up too early watching your video, and I obviously missed the - fore me! - exiting parts.

• Page: