muddygun wrote: Although I feel like talking about motion updates is a lot like a tree falling in the forest with no one to hear it; i still find a lot of things I want and dammit I will express....
hum, well, there's a tiny forest nearby my apartment, I DO hear falling trees...
It's an educated guess, that a Motion update follows when FCPX10.3 will appear… common opinion is, this will happen somewhere October.
My wishlist for Motion is very long, I even dare to say, a rebrand to MotionX is needed, ... accompanied with some major UI overhauling (e.g. why two lists of layers simultaneously??, Inspector in FC is right, in M left?? ...).
My Top 6 are, in weighted order:
• Source-Timecode display/usage, not projects TC…
• Design-elements for usage in the Inspector, e.g. dividers, titles or ▶︎ to open/close groups of published parameters
• Tic-based Behaviours, as "every 10 frame…", "after 5sec…" or time-metrics, not 100=1 but 60=1
• Boolean Behaviours, as "if … not… else…"
• Physics Behaviours, as collision detection
• Light handled as 'projection', e.g. to beam a pic on 3D objects
... and, as a plug-in-maker and -publisher: downwards compatible with the actual version