fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Does Final Cut Pro 7 would run on the New Mac Mini? 01 Mar 2016 03:02 #73896

• Alis_
  • Alis_'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello, I need help :( .
I work light mov. clips on the FCP 7 version.
(I work the heavy footage on Premiere in a windows pc)
So I need a cheap Mac for that, I was thinking on the new Mac Mini, but i heard such bad comments about it that makes me afraid, also I have doubts about the graphic card.

Mac Mini Specifications:
Processor: 2.6GHz dual-core Intel Core i5
Memory: 8GB of 1600MHz LPDDR3 memory
Graphics: Intel Iris Graphics

www.apple.com/mac-mini/specs/

I would like to know your opinions. Thank you very much for that!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Does Final Cut Pro 7 would run on the New Mac Mini? 01 Mar 2016 09:50 #73907

The mac mini is a really good computer. Where have you heard bad comments?

The onky problem is that it has a very basic graphic processor so it is slow with heavy effects

I have edited a lot of stuff on my former mac mini and finished a shortfilm with 4K RED footage without any difficulty.

The question is which OSX you should install I dont know if it runs on El Capitan it is now very old software

Does Final Cut Pro 7 would run on the New Mac Mini? 01 Mar 2016 12:32 #73909

• MsJustine
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • I am in Durban, safe and warm...
  • Thank you received: 46
I have Final Cut Pro 7 running on my retina macbook pro and I am using El Capitan as my operating system.

There is no improvement in terms of rendering, it seems that Final Cut 7 does not see the RAM, giving it is a 32 bit version. Really for a few hundred euros or Pounds, a copy of Final Cut Pro X would be a better suggestion.

I am sort of expecting any day Apple to render old software un-installable in newer versions of Mac OS X, and really there is no real need for old FCP.

We cannot keep hanging on to the old, at some point we need to move on, and for a one off investment, you cannot beat the power and usefulness of FCPX.

One of the problems you will find is that how do I do this will become impossible to answer as those of us that used FCP7 will soon forget the ways of the past, and only be able to advise on how to do for FCPX.

FCPX is "trackless" where as Premiere and FCP7 are track based systems, methods you use in Ppro and FCP7 will not apply in FCPX.

Really leave the past in the past, move on to more modern way of thinking, FCPX is a shift of thinking, it is not as difficult a product to learn as some make out, it has huge benefits for light to heavy users.

Does Final Cut Pro 7 would run on the New Mac Mini? 01 Mar 2016 15:04 #73913

• Alis_
Thank you! I thought working with 4k was impossible with this. I will install another OSX if it doesn't run with Capitan.

Does Final Cut Pro 7 would run on the New Mac Mini? 01 Mar 2016 15:12 #73914

• Alis_
Thank you Justine, is my first time writing on a forum,I thought nobody was gonna read my question . I wish I could migrate to the new FCPX but I work with other people that prefers the 7, I open their projects they open mines, so it would be difficult if I use the newer version. So for now, I have no option. :S

• Page: