fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Issues with FCP7 and Synology NAS 24 Aug 2015 13:04 #67683

• peterr
  • peterr's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi all,

I work as a video editor at a small production company in Paris, we've been working with external USB3 HDDs for a long time now, storing all our project on them, but we find it unpractical when we have to work on multiple projects at a time or go work at the client's office. So we recently bought a DS3615xs Synology NAS, loaded with 6 HDDs in RAID10 (leaving space for future HDDs), over our 1GbE network.
We transferred all our external HDDs onto the NAS, keeping all our folders in order, in order to work from our different working stations in the office.
While we can open the Finder (we're all on Mac OSX Yosemite), connect to the NAS, move files from the Finder into FCP7, and work on them without any problem, FCP7 doesn't seem to be able to connect to the NAS from within the app.
This is a big issue for past projects on which we have to work on again since we have to manually link all the sequences in FCP7 to the files on the NAS.
Is there an update or a patch in FCP7 to make it able to connect to a NAS?

Thanks a lot

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Issues with FCP7 and Synology NAS 24 Aug 2015 23:21 #67696

If I understand your question correctly, your issue has to do with file protocols that are programmed into the FCPX library structure. When I read the following, it made a lot of sense. lumaforge.com/workflow/

This will not directly help you fix your problem but help you understand your situation and how to address it for the future.

Best of luck,

Brandon

Issues with FCP7 and Synology NAS 27 Aug 2015 12:17 #67747

• peterr
  • peterr's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello brandoff,

You did understand correctly yes, this Lumaforge NAS looks amazing but I'll try to make what we have work.
I did follow their advice and I managed to make it work with one working station using FCP 7.0.3 connected to the NAS via a NFS connection. I can open FCP7, and open files from the app.
Strangely it doesn't work on an other working station using FCP 7.0.0, I will update and see if it works. This working station has all the same network settings as the first one except for its ip address (which I also allowed in the NFS settings of the shared folder I'm trying to access on the NAS).

Still looking for ideas...

Thanks.

• Page: