fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Multicam clip not loading properly into timeline 23 Nov 2022 20:56 #123026

I have built a three camera shoot plus a mastered audio file in a multicam session and have created a new angle to cut and pasted clips from the three cameras into one timeline at the top of my multicam, all synced up to the audio. Now I want to create a project that has the multicam in it, so that I can add text credits above and finish the project. Unfortunately dragging the multicam clip into a project and playing the multicam clip results in just a black screen with no sound. Other times that I've loaded it in in the last couple days, it might show me only one of the angles with it's own audio, and not the final angle that I have selected for video and final audio I have selected for audio. Why doesn't it load in to the project just the way I have the settings set when the multicam is open? In the past the way I work around this is to output the multicam as a movie file at high resolution and then reimport it to finalcut pro and use in a new project. But then I am unable to go back in and make colour or audio corrections. So I'm look for a way to use the multicam system within the project without outputting it.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Multicam clip not loading properly into timeline 24 Nov 2022 01:49 #123033

• DaveM
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 101
Thanks for sharing the two screenshots. In the second one, showing the Angle Editor, and from your description, it appears that you are trying to edit angles there.

The Angle Editor is supposed to be use to include the media you're going to use in your multicam clip and to synch that media.

Once you have created your multicam clip, you would then add it from the Browser to a new Project/timeline. Once in a Project/timeline, you would use the Angle Viewer or keyboard shortcuts to play back the Project/timeline and make edits, switch angles, etc.

You might find it useful to review the FCP User Guide. Here are a couple of good starting points:

Intro to multicam editing in Final Cut Pro - Apple Support

Final Cut Pro multicam editing workflow - Apple Support

Ripple Training has a very good course on multicam editing (currently 40% off with coupon code "harvest-40" — I'm not affiliated with them except as a customer):

Multicam Editing in Final Cut Pro 10.6 

Here's pretty good overview of using multicams by Steve from Ripple Training:

Top 10 Multicam Editing Tips 

Here's a pretty good overview (that is fairly recent):

Multicam Editing in Final Cut Pro X - Beginners Guide

Cheers.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page: