fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Hang ups while adjusting position or zoom 23 Nov 2022 02:01 #123010

• Zibon
  • Zibon's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello, I am doing my first edit on a new 2020 Mac Mini. It's the base model. The project is about 90 min. 3 angle 4K multicam. No background rendering and using proxies. Everything was going smoothly for a few days and now I get (seemingly random) hang ups when adjusting position or zoom on clips. This is basically what the entire edit involves...adjusting zoom and position. I have no other fx of any kind as of now. I will go to adjust position by sliding the mouse over the values and it will hang for a second or 2, then I'll do it again and it will hang for up to 20-30 seconds. The mouse pointer disappears and its just stuck for that time. No beachball. I can go to other apps and they're fine while FCP is hung up. And it only happens when sliding the mouse over the value so that the image moves or zooms as I am sliding the value. It doesn't happen if I type in the value. Is this probably because the image is in motion as I am adjusting the values? If so is that a RAM issue or a VRAM issue? I only have the base model so it's only 16GB RAM.

I've trashed the prefs. The library is on my internal SSD and the is only about 150MB. The original and proxy media is on an external (none of it was copied into the library). And I had no problems for the first few days of editing maybe 4-5 hours per day. Then this started out of nowhere. Why was it smooth for days and then started to hang up? Any suggestions? Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Zibon.

Hang ups while adjusting position or zoom 23 Nov 2022 22:06 #123030

• Zibon
  • Zibon's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Just adding an interesting note to my post that I've discovered...If I adjust the values by swiping left and right it will hang up sometimes. If I click on the value then swipe up and down instead, it doesn't hang up on me, not once so far...idk...kooky...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page: