Confused about the process:
1. To share a fcpx project to Resolve on another computer, do you "Export xml" only the project...or the event, or the whole library ?
2. If you export the project and/or the event, will they both automatically include media (vid, audio, titles, etc)? If they're supposed to include media in the export, it's not working for me.
3. If they're not supposed to include media, what's the process of including it for export to Resolve?
4. DaVinci Resolve can import fcpxml straight, correct? But Adobe Premiere requires fcp7, correct?
5. To export fcp7 xml from fcpx you need an app like Project X₂7, correct? Does that embed the media?
Thanks, this answered a few questions but since this would be a FCP project sent via dropbox to another editor in another part of the country, I didn't understand if the media was supposed to be automatically embedded with the xml file. It's not. As per the Ripple training, I'd either have to snail mail the media on an external drive, or send the media separately via dropbox and the recipient would have to relink it themselves.
Also if anyone has experience with an app like Project X₂7, for exporting to Adobe Premiere, I'd like to hear it. Thanks.
Somewhat related but I’ve used the reverse of that app to bring a Premiere project into Final Cut and it’s hit or miss. I did color / audio mixing in Final Cut for a 65 minute multi camera live event that was edited in Premiere. There are some proprietary effects / transitions that don’t translate properly and it doesn’t utilize the Primary Storyline, so it looks like a mess upon first blush. That said, for the most part, it works.