fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Sharing FCPX with DaVinci Resolve 09 Aug 2022 20:46 #121770

Confused about the process:
1. To share a fcpx project to Resolve on another computer, do you "Export xml" only the project...or the event, or the whole library ?
2. If you export the project and/or the event, will they both automatically include media (vid, audio, titles, etc)? If they're supposed to include media in the export, it's not working for me.
3. If they're not supposed to include media, what's the process of including it for export to Resolve?
4. DaVinci Resolve can import fcpxml straight, correct? But Adobe Premiere requires fcp7, correct?
5. To export fcp7 xml from fcpx you need an app like Project X₂7, correct? Does that embed the media?
Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Sharing FCPX with DaVinci Resolve 12 Aug 2022 20:57 #121827

Sharing FCPX with DaVinci Resolve 13 Aug 2022 20:35 #121842

Thanks, this answered a few questions but since this would be a FCP project sent via dropbox to another editor in another part of the country, I didn't understand if the media was supposed to be automatically embedded with the xml file. It's not. As per the Ripple training, I'd either have to snail mail the media on an external drive, or send the media separately via dropbox and the recipient would have to relink it themselves.

Sharing FCPX with DaVinci Resolve 13 Aug 2022 20:37 #121843

Also if anyone has experience with an app like Project X₂7, for exporting to Adobe Premiere, I'd like to hear it. Thanks.

Sharing FCPX with DaVinci Resolve 13 Aug 2022 23:40 #121844

• VTC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 57

I didn't understand if the media was supposed to be automatically embedded with the xml file.

Media not included. Sent separately via flash drive or Dropbox. But once he has all the media it's simply a matter of shooting 200kb XML files back and forth.

Sharing FCPX with DaVinci Resolve 14 Aug 2022 16:51 #121849

Thanks for clearing that up! Wish all the online articles said it as simply as u just did.

Sharing FCPX with DaVinci Resolve 14 Aug 2022 21:35 #121851

Also if anyone has experience with an app like Project X₂7, for exporting to Adobe Premiere, I'd like to hear it. Thanks.

Somewhat related but I’ve used the reverse of that app to bring a Premiere project into Final Cut and it’s hit or miss. I did color / audio mixing in Final Cut for a 65 minute multi camera live event that was edited in Premiere. There are some proprietary effects / transitions that don’t translate properly and it doesn’t utilize the Primary Storyline, so it looks like a mess upon first blush. That said, for the most part, it works.

• Page: