fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

How can FCP volume peak while Multimeter reads -2.5 db? (Screenshot attached) 19 May 2022 10:47 #120622

Hello everyone. How are you? It's been a while since I had 'problems' with Final Cut.
How can it be possible that final cut peaks whereas the multimeter in the audio clip and only audio reads -2.5 db? (Screenshot attached)
I'd swear this is the first time that I see this. I always use Logic X multimeter and I'd say I've never have this problem. I wouldn't bet my life on it though. :)

Any help will be welcomed.
I hope you all are all right :)

Best regards!!
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

How can FCP volume peak while Multimeter reads -2.5 db? (Screenshot attached) 19 May 2022 12:41 #120623

• Redifer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 92
Probably because that Logic meter is slower. Rest assured that that spike in your audio did reach around 0db for at least a fraction of a second. That spike would make your audio illegal in the DCP world... not sure about the TV world, but probably.

How can FCP volume peak while Multimeter reads -2.5 db? (Screenshot attached) 19 May 2022 12:42 #120624

How can FCP volume peak while Multimeter reads -2.5 db? (Screenshot attached) 19 May 2022 14:51 #120630

Thanks Redifer. I'll try Ozone 9 Advance, or the Waves and see what happens. I'm all intrigued now :)
Thanks a lot lol And have a great evening:)

Last edit: by RoxaneLag.

How can FCP volume peak while Multimeter reads -2.5 db? (Screenshot attached) 19 May 2022 14:59 #120631

Thanks so much, Olive...Thanks again, I should say :)
I've already read the article and it's very very interesting. Ill read... study it again in the studio over weekend because there are a few things that I need to check with no rush in front of FCP.
Thanks so much for such an in-depth article.

Best regards,
Oscar

How can FCP volume peak while Multimeter reads -2.5 db? (Screenshot attached) 19 May 2022 15:08 #120634

The key to all of this is how FCP routes audio internally through its various components and where that metering occurs. The Apple white paper on audio roles also has a lot of useful info. Remember, too, that pan law comes into play. Especially since metering plug-ins are added into the effects chain and not on the true output.

How can FCP volume peak while Multimeter reads -2.5 db? (Screenshot attached) 19 May 2022 21:30 #120652

Thanks again, Oliver. I'm sure that I'll be posting again soon after studying your article. It's an interesting topic, so, it's worth some time and brain exercise ;)
I already have a question but I'm going through the article before posting it.

I appreciate your time and help.

Thanks a lot,

Oscar

• Page: