fbpx
fcp.co logo transparent
fcp clapperboard
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Best stabilization software for FCPX? 26 Jul 2021 22:34 #115534

• oxband
  • oxband's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
I have some shaky shots I need to stabilize. I've used FCPX but I find it a bit lacking in that department. Anyone have 3rd party software or plugins they'd recommend for stabilizing?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Best stabilization software for FCPX? 27 Jul 2021 01:42 #115537

• Ben Balser
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 652
Lock&Load from Coremelt and one of several others out there.

Best stabilization software for FCPX? 27 Jul 2021 03:32 #115541

As Ben said, but I do actually think that the stabilise function in the free Davinci Resolve version gives often best results (but not always). I do not see much difference between the build in stabilise in FCP and Coremelt, specially for tricky shots.

Best stabilization software for FCPX? 27 Jul 2021 08:05 #115545

Have you tried stabilise in Apple Motion?. I have some good results

Best stabilization software for FCPX? 27 Jul 2021 11:54 #115546

• joema
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 456

I have some shaky shots I need to stabilize. I've used FCPX but I find it a bit lacking in that department. Anyone have 3rd party software or plugins they'd recommend for stabilizing?

You can try various stabilizers but it's unpredictable whether one will work better on specific footage. It is often a trial-and-error process. Overall I like the one in Resolve best, but it requires exporting round-tripping footage. The plugin-based stabilizers are more convenient. I use all of the below:

CrumplePop Better Stabilizer (plugin): www.crumplepop.com/product/fcpx-premiere...in-betterstabilizer/

CoreMelt Lock-n-Load (plugin): coremelt.com/products/lock-and-load-x

Mercalli (stand alone Mac app): www.prodad.com/Video-Stabilization-for-P...-Mac-48950,l-us.html

DaVinci Resolve. Available in free version which works very well, but an upgraded stabilizer is in the paid Studio version. Resolve has multiple stabilizer methods. There is a simple method within the Edit page and more complex ones in Color page's tracker window: 

I also sometimes try Premiere's Warp stabilizer but I like the Resolve one best. I usually try the built-in FCP stabilizer and the plugins first, then if those don't work well I round-trip the footage to Resolve.

Last edit: by joema.

Best stabilization software for FCPX? 29 Jul 2021 05:05 #115567

I have tried all the ones that work within FCP but nothing I have found comes anywhere close to After Effects warp stabilizer.

The round tripping is a huge PITA though, but it really works. I have not tried da Vinci resolve yet… I’ll have to check that out.

Best stabilization software for FCPX? 30 Jul 2021 18:49 #115585

• Ben Balser
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 652
"Tripod"
;)

• Page: