fbpx
fcp.co logo transparent
fcp clapperboard
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

HDR footage getting randomly oversaturated after rendering 25 Jun 2021 20:19 #115188

Hi everyone,
Hoping you can help. I have an Iphone 12 Pro Max and recorded a lot of footage in HDR. when I first imported the footage into Final Cut Pro, all the footage was overexposed and just ugly. So I researched and found that the Color Profile switch suggestion, changing it to Rec 2020. This helpd fixed a lot of files

Now here's the problem. I have one project that is set as 1080p ProRes 422 Wide Gamut 2020 HLG and I imported footage and changed the Color Profile to Rec2020 and it looked great. I edited what I needed to and shared it for Apple Devices and everything still looked great!

Last night, I copied the edited footage from the project and put it in a new project, with the same settings, as I'm creating an hour long event. It all looked great.

This morning, I set it up to Share to Apple Devices 1080p HEVC 30fp. It's been doing it's thing, and I came up and checked on it and the footage is now all blown out and overexposed. Clips next in the time line look fine.

I went back to the original project with just that footage and it's also blown out.

I have a feeling that something is happening in the background that I"m not aware of that I need to stop, or I inadvertently changed some setting. I don't know how it could go from looking great after the intiail edit two days ago to where we are today.

Any assistance would be helpful!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

HDR footage getting randomly oversaturated after rendering 25 Jun 2021 20:45 #115190

HDR footage getting randomly oversaturated after rendering 26 Jun 2021 00:32 #115191

What version of FCPX were you running prior to this morning? Do you have App auto-update enabled in System Preferences->Software Update->Advanced? Did FCP update itself to 10.5.3? When you opened the projects this morning did FCP ssk to update them?

• Page: