fcp.co logo transparent
fcp clapperboard
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

suddenly, downloads with audio no longer import to fcp with audio 07 Apr 2021 20:32 #113856

Been downloading news clips for months from same server fine (mpeg4), suddenly when importing them into fcp they come with about 2 frames of audio, then silence. What's happened? They play fine in the finder and I wind up having to export from there into .mov files to import.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

suddenly, downloads with audio no longer import to fcp with audio 10 Apr 2021 14:34 #113889

• Ben Balser
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 625
What server? How are you downloading them?

suddenly, downloads with audio no longer import to fcp with audio 10 Apr 2021 15:02 #113890

From the CBS News Newspath server. Been downloading them the same way for months. They play audio fine in the finder using QT. They display no audio in the FCP Import window nor after importing. Are there download settings in fcp I'm not aware of?

suddenly, downloads with audio no longer import to fcp with audio 10 Apr 2021 15:09 #113891

I'm seeing differences in the codecs coming from Newspath. Am contacting them.

suddenly, downloads with audio no longer import to fcp with audio 10 Apr 2021 15:17 #113892

I have to export the clips in QT from the finder by opening them one at a time. Is there a faster way to do multiple clips until I get this sorted?

suddenly, downloads with audio no longer import to fcp with audio 10 Apr 2021 16:03 #113893

You can select multiple clips in the Finder, right-click and in Services use envidé selected files. You can convert to ProRes.

suddenly, downloads with audio no longer import to fcp with audio 10 Apr 2021 16:29 #113894

Thanks...altho "services" doesn't come up on rt click (OS 10.15.7), instead says "encode selected videos"... same trick, thx!

suddenly, downloads with audio no longer import to fcp with audio 10 Apr 2021 23:16 #113897

• Ben Balser
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 625
Or use Compressor. But the Finder services is faster. I use that often.

• Page: