I realized that although I downloaded the openers and transitions and so on. I couldn't use them within fcpX. I googled and many times it just repeated the things I knew from a tutorial I was following along. However I then found a video that showed all the mistakes you can make and I found one.
Okay step by step...
1. I downloaded fcpX trial version
2. I found the plug ins on mixkit.co
3. I made sure that my folders in Motion Templates have the ending .localized as well as the Motion Templates folder
4. I downloaded some of the mixkit plug ins and placed them in folders where I thought they belong to. I stumbled across a youtube tutorial that said it's important to place the right plug-ins into the right folder otherwise they won't appear within fcpX.
5. This are the plug-ins I tried to load:
* which I thought to be a transition but if I place it in the folder of Transition, neither the empty Transition folder nor the plug-in is visible
8. which I placed into the lower thirds folder but again neither the empty lower thirds folder nor the plug-in is visible
9. same for this: mixkit.co/free-final-cut-pro-templates/c...ame-lower-third-719/
10. https://mixkit.co/free-final-cut-pro-templates/light-leak-motion-opener-728/ or mixkit.co/free-final-cut-pro-templates/c...l-glitch-opener-726/
11. does fcpX support an "Opener" folder?
13. does fcpX support an "Promotion" folder?
I just wanted to see if I can work with the free stuff so that I now what I should be considering buying. And not just buying stuff from which I really have no clue.
Conclusion:Even though I have multiple folders like "Transitions", "Titles", "Generators" etc. the only two folders that appear within fcpX are "Titles" and "Generators".mixkit.co/free-final-cut-pro-templates/shape-glitch-reveal-655/ is the only plug in I could see in fcpX after downloading and placing in the folder.Thank you very much for your help!
Motion Templates should only contain Effects, Titles, Generators, and Transitions. Those folders should be localized as well. The other items that are in Motion Templates folder should be moved to out of there to their appropriate location. Inside each of the folders in Motion Templates can create category folders. The plugins need to be in category folders, they can't be on their own. You can either use the exiting FCP categories or create your own category names. The actual plugin you got goes into the category folder. That's the normal way. Other developers might do things differently and might structure their folders differently. Check the exact method they give for installation. That said some developers tell users to do stupid things.
Thanks for your explanations.
So I delete Compositions -> since nothing in there
A few questions remain though.
To which folder do lower thirds belong to?
What do you think.. to which folder do "opener" and "promotion" belong to?