fcp.co logo transparent
fcp clapperboard
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC: DropZone Clip size relative to width for scrolling credits ...

DropZone Clip size relative to width for scrolling credits ... 12 Nov 2020 15:50 #110802

Hi guys,

I'm trying to accomplish the impossible and create a Motion template with a drop zone where I can put it a graphic file in whatever size and this gets automatically animated to scroll through as end credits, while I have a dropdown where I can choose the pixel speed (to avoid graphical flickering).
While I was able to achieve most of it already with linking a lot of stuff within each other, there's one big question I can't get my head around.

The motion template has in my case the dimensions of 1998*1080, so 2k Flat.

The titles that would come from graphics would adhere to that width but differ in height, depending on how long the credits are.

When I now create a drop zone, that always fits in height, not in width. While with clever grouping, I can do the Y-animation in group parent.parent.graphic and publish a scale to adjust in the subgroup parent.graphic without quality loss, but there is no way this would automatically snap, hence if I don't exactly calculate the factor from the height of the graphic (which I don't know how to do automatically), there's no way I can have the graphic be full width pixel for pixel just on drop in.

I can calculate a factor by hand and put it in for a certain height of a graphics file with which I created the template in motion, but if another file get's dropped in FCPX with a different height, it does not work anymore.
I would just like to have the graphic automatically fit to width of the template.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers,

M

EDIT: Sorry, posted this wrongly in FCPX forum. Moderator, please feel free to move it to the Motion forum, thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by MatzeHali. Reason: Sorry, posted this wrongly in FCPX forum. Moderator, please feel free to move it to the Motion forum, thanks.
  • Page: