fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Audio issue while importing a 23.98 fps footage into a 25 fps project

Audio issue while importing a 23.98 fps footage into a 25 fps project 21 Jul 2020 15:20 #108861

• Joelbluesholic
  • Joelbluesholic's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi all

I have encountered a problem that when I imported a 23.98 fps footage into 25 fps project, the pitch of background music goes up. Does anyone have this issue before and know how to fix it? Below are the examples :

23.98fps
drive.google.com/file/d/13PwoKpS54-oCiKO...LtU/view?usp=sharing

25fps
drive.google.com/file/d/1Gl71s-G8lLkcvNK...EjF/view?usp=sharing

Cheers
Joel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Audio issue while importing a 23.98 fps footage into a 25 fps project 22 Jul 2020 12:51 #108877

• Tom Wolsky
  • Thank you received: 733
This is just the audio portion of the clips, exported. Is that correct? Audio files have no frame rate by itself,. Can you upload the complete files to see what's going on?

Audio issue while importing a 23.98 fps footage into a 25 fps project 22 Jul 2020 16:43 #108882

• joema
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 332

Joelbluesholic wrote: Hi all

I have encountered a problem that when I imported a 23.98 (or 24 fps) footage into 25 fps project, the pitch of background music goes up. Does anyone have this issue before and know how to fix it?..

You are combining material shot at two different frame rates. They must somehow be "rate conformed" to a single frame rate. There are various algorithms for this but typically for 24>25 or vice versa, an NLE will retime both audio and video of the source to match the destination timeline.

If it only did video and not audio then the video would be out sync. So the source 24 fps material must be retimed by about 4% which will change the pitch, but I thought FCPX applied pitch correction to try and minimize that.

Last edit: by joema.
  • Page: