• Page:

TOPIC: increase bokeh blur on footage

increase bokeh blur on footage 20 Jul 2020 11:08 #108838

• bullet
  • bullet's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello! I have a footage, that was shoot with portrait lens, but bokeh effect is not enough for me. Could you please advice any plugin/filter, that could enhance bokeh blur on existing footage?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

increase bokeh blur on footage 21 Jul 2020 15:13 #108860

• VidGreg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 197
Hi Bullet
Welcome to the fcp.co forums!
True Bokeh is created via camera and lens. FCPX includes several "Blur" effects that can simulate blur via the use of Masks and one of blur effects like "Gaussian" Blur effect. In addition there are vast amounts of 3rd party effects, both free and $$ that you can apply.
One approach is to duplicate the clip by "Option" dragging the clip upwards in timeline, apply mask(s) to area you want to be focussed, select "Outside" mask and apply one of the built-in blurs like Gaussian, feather and set amounts to area not in focus. Play around lots with the sliders in the Inspector Window and see if you can achieve the look you want. You can even add additional masks if needed.
Check out the free Templets and Effects resources here on fcp.co and see what tickles your fancy.

Happy Editing
Hope this Helps, Greg

increase bokeh blur on footage 21 Jul 2020 17:29 #108864

• bullet
  • bullet's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks for your answer. I have about 20-30 min footage. That's why i'm looking for a plugin that can do it automatically. Using mask can help for a small clip , but i need universal solution, that work with any footage.

• Page: