fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: HOW DO I ADD A DRAW MASK WITH A FULL OPACITY COLOR?

HOW DO I ADD A DRAW MASK WITH A FULL OPACITY COLOR? 10 Jul 2020 17:51 #108605

• stefanpavel98
  • stefanpavel98's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello, I am trying to edit a small art timelapse and I want to cover the areas around it, including the references with a draw mask shape and colour picking the pinkinsh background colour to fill it with at full opacity. I tried doing it but I cant get the mask to cover the area fully, as you can see from the image is just kind of colour correcting the are, not fully covering it and is not the opacity! Would appreciate if somebody could help a beginner like me! :)
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

HOW DO I ADD A DRAW MASK WITH A FULL OPACITY COLOR? 11 Jul 2020 16:15 #108628

• VidGreg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 197
Hi Stefan
Welcome to the fcp.co forums.
Try adding a Color background clip above your graphic clip. Color it however you want.
Draw a Shape Mask around just the subject you wish to see and select "Inside Mask". What you have currently drawn will leave lots of the background showing around subject. I suggest you redraw while zoomed in closely and add lots of points and adjustments to create a very close fitting mask so you eliminate current background.

Alternately, use your current shape and select "Outside" but think it will not look good. You could try a "Color" mask, then using Color Curves, select background color and try to match to whatever background color you set up in Background clip using the Hue curve. The success of this approach is dependent on what colors/hue are present. Personally, I would redraw as above.

Happy Editing!
Hope this Helps, Greg

HOW DO I ADD A DRAW MASK WITH A FULL OPACITY COLOR? 12 Jul 2020 19:58 #108652

• stefanpavel98
  • stefanpavel98's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks for your reply! The problem is that either type of mask I try to use it doesn't fully cover the area, meaning the mask is not at 100% opacity even though opacity is turned all the way up and blend mode is normal! So I apply the mask, I modify the control points, but I cant seem to figure out why no matter what the masks are a little transparent! I'm probably missing something! Sorry if i didnt explain it well enough!

HOW DO I ADD A DRAW MASK WITH A FULL OPACITY COLOR? 13 Jul 2020 09:07 #108661

• Stu Wart
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
you must have let some softening on the mask contour

• Page: