Kit_L wrote: For some reason, i cannot find these keyboard shortcuts anywhere (google search). ..
I don't think that command exists. However you can draw a range (R key) and use / to play that range. SHIFT+/ will play a range around the current skimmer or playhead location, then return to the original point. The span of that auto range is configurable in FCPX preferences>Playback>Pre-roll Duration and Post-Roll Duration.
Enabling loop mode (CMD+L) will cause any of those to repeat.
When drawing a range it's not necessary to change selection modes, e.g, you don't need to press R then when finished drawing press A. If you press and hold R it will stay in range mode only while the key is depressed.
(1) Draw a range by holding the R key, then press forward slash / to play that once
(2) Do above with loop mode enabled (CMD+L) to play range in a loop
(3) Do SHIFT+/ (SHIFT key and forward slash) to play a region before and after the current playhead OR skimmer location. After playing that it will return to the original skimmer/playhead location.
(4) Do above in loop mode (CMD+L) to play before/after playhead OR skimmer location in a loop
(5) Adjust how large a region to play before/after playhead OR skimmer location in FCPX preferences>Playback>Pre-roll Duration and Post-Roll Duration.