fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Export 45 mins TV documentary from FCP7 to Premiere Pro

Export 45 mins TV documentary from FCP7 to Premiere Pro 08 Jul 2020 22:16 #108551

• landbeyond
  • landbeyond's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I am looking for advise or assistance to export a project from FCP7 to Premiere Pro. The documentary is 45 mins, shot on different cameras over 12 years, with a complex edit. The original files are stored on a 500 gb hard drive.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Export 45 mins TV documentary from FCP7 to Premiere Pro 09 Jul 2020 13:47 #108565

• JarrodMFay
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 33
It's been quite a while since I've worked with FCP7 but back then using Automatic Duck was the best option to transfer edits from FCP7 to AVID and others. Maybe give that a shot? Also, it seems like folks are having pretty good luck using Davinci Resolve as an intermediate step to get from one program to another without loosing too much of your edit structure. I'm not sure if that would work coming out of FCP7 or not but may be worth a try. Good luck!

Export 45 mins TV documentary from FCP7 to Premiere Pro 09 Jul 2020 14:56 #108566

• Buhardilla
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Interesting question. Just XtoCC ( intelligentassistance.com/xtocc.html ) translates FCPX XML files to FCP 6/7 XML files that are compatible with Adobe CC apps. I think that if you export FCP original projects to XML 6/7 files format you must import them successfully in Adobe CC...:blink: :blink: :blink: Am I wrong???

Export 45 mins TV documentary from FCP7 to Premiere Pro 09 Jul 2020 19:31 #108567

• landbeyond
  • landbeyond's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I am hoping you are right? I think I can create an XML file on FCP7 and import this to Adobe Premiere. Was wondering if anyone had done this successfully? Given the film duration and complexity of the edit structure, hoping it will transfer ok. Also that Adobe will be able to find the media files on my hard drive as FCP7 does?

Export 45 mins TV documentary from FCP7 to Premiere Pro 10 Jul 2020 00:49 #108568

• FCPX.guru
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 497
"The all-in-one tool to move a Final Cut Pro X Event or Project to:
Premiere Pro,
After Effects,
Audition,
and beyond!"

• Page: