fbpx
fcp.co logo transparent
fcp clapperboard
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
14 Nov 2020
Moving over to a new system, we couldn't take the old avatars - so please upload a new one!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Title text fades in/out to Black even with a generator colour background

Title text fades in/out to Black even with a generator colour background 14 Jun 2020 20:25 #107889

• pipkato
  • pipkato's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I'm trying to put three layers of simple text titles over a 'Custom' generator dark blue background. But my fade in and face outs to the text are still using the colour black and not the generator background. While fading in the text is over black and when the fade in ends the text is over the proper background until the fade out when it again reverts to a literal fade to black. Is there a way to make this work properly. Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Title text fades in/out to Black even with a generator colour background 14 Jun 2020 22:46 #107890

• Tom Wolsky
  • Thank you received: 751
Don't use Fade to Color. Just use the Cross Dissolve.

Title text fades in/out to Black even with a generator colour background 15 Jun 2020 08:36 #107893

• pipkato
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Thanks Tom. I wasn't using the 'Fade To Colour' , just 'Cmd+T' for the cross dissolve. But, as I wrote the fade is from black and when the fade ends the text (in white) appears above the selected colour background. I've searched everywhere and can't find a solution. Probably my ignorance and maybe I'm missing something obvious.

Title text fades in/out to Black even with a generator colour background 15 Jun 2020 08:56 #107894

• pipkato
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Tom, just to try and explain in more detail. I'm trying to create a simple opening title sequence of approximately 15" duration. The background throughout is a dark blue. The background fades in, followed by a fade in over the background of the plain white main title text. This title remains and it followed by two further sub-titles which fade in sequentially, also in white, until the end to the text sequence. Then I want everything to fade to black. Maybe that makes things a little clearer. Thanks again!

Title text fades in/out to Black even with a generator colour background 15 Jun 2020 11:49 #107899

• Tom Wolsky
  • Thank you received: 751
Thanks. Combine the blue background with initial fade up and titles with transitions into a compound clip. Then cross dissolve the end of the compound to go to black. A screenshot of the timeline area might help if that doesn’t work.

Title text fades in/out to Black even with a generator colour background 15 Jun 2020 14:23 #107907

• pipkato
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Thank you very much, Tom, for being so helpful. I won't be able to try that until later. I'll let you know how I get on.

Title text fades in/out to Black even with a generator colour background 16 Jun 2020 16:12 #107941

• pipkato
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Hello Tom. I found the solution. I abandoned the transitions approach and worked with keyframing 'Opacity' instead. That worked fine. Once again, thanks for your help.

• Page: