fbpx
fcp.co logo transparent
fcp clapperboard
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
14 Nov 2020
Moving over to a new system, we couldn't take the old avatars - so please upload a new one!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Color Finale is SUPER SLOW....AGAIN

Color Finale is SUPER SLOW....AGAIN 19 May 2020 00:38 #107299

• Smesh
  • Smesh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
So I abandoned Color Finale Pro long ago because it kept crashing FCPX on my iMac Pro and slowing it down like crazy. What's more, because they stopped support and forced an upgrade, if I needed to dip into an old archived project, I could not even use the plug-in anymore and had to grade from scratch.

When they came out with the paid upgrade, I was adamant I would not pay for it, or use it even if free, because of past experience. I was happy with the stock grading tools and got to know them well. I graded HDR and Wide Gamut projects. No problem. Fast and smooth.

When I discovered I could use Color Finale 2 to make my own LUTs though, I took the plunge and bought it.

It worked okay at first, although things seemed slow. Now, I have found projects super slow. FCPX has started crashing. Renders take FOREVER. I trashed preferences, made sure color finale was up to date and then my memory kicked back in. Man it sucks getting old. The CF plug-in is the problem. What's weird is that it doesn't even matter if you have it active in a project or not. Just having it installed in FCPX causes crazy slow downs. By uninstalling, FCPX works like butter using native color grading tools. With CF installed FCPX becomes mollasses in January. Maybe it's a RAM problem? I don't know but my base model iMac Pro will not run it well.

Is there any other way to create LUTS based on your grades in FCPX?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Color Finale is SUPER SLOW....AGAIN 19 May 2020 01:04 #107301

• steve223
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I'm on a 2019 MacPro with a Vega 64 and since the Upgrade to Catalina FCPX, in general, is slow and temperamental. While I don't use Color Final I use quite a few Plug-Ins from Pixelfim LenoFX and MotionVFX and often have crashes and spinning beach balls doing simple tasks on clips without any addons used. Catalina has been a nightmare for me, unfortunately, I have no way to downgrade with a MacPro

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by steve223.
  • Page: