• Page:

TOPIC: Huge amount of text on Ticker Pluggin

Huge amount of text on Ticker Pluggin 09 May 2020 14:53 #107033

• Collinot
  • Collinot's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi everybody, im editing a video for a company. Its a 8 minutes video but they want every name in the company appears on screen. I trying to use ticker effect but for a strange reason final cut crash. The reason could be the 2000 names trying to process.

Do you have have any idea how can I do this with crash the system? another pluggin or practical solution?

Thanks in advance.

Greetings from Monterrey

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Huge amount of text on Ticker Pluggin 10 May 2020 13:27 #107071

• FCPX.guru
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 487
Let's figure out the logistics of this first, because that sounds like an unrealistic goal to me, based on my decades of experience. 8 minutes is 480 seconds. 480 divided by 2000 = 0.24 seconds per name. Wow, just under a quarter second per name. Nope, your ticker won't work even if it didn't crash. They'd be flying across the screen so fast, the blur alone would make them unreadable, not to mention no human alive can read that fast.

You need to divide these names up into lists and show them in groups. So if we show a group of names every minute, that'd be 250 names per group. Cut that up into 10-second chunks (minimum I'd put a name on screen) and you have 6 groups per minute, and that's about 42 names per group, every 10 seconds.

I think you need to go talk to your client and tell them they're not going to get 2000 names on a screen in 8 minutes in any realistic fashion. That's what I'd do. I'd say I could do it, but explain it's going to be groups of 42 names every 10 seconds, and that group of 42 names will either be too small to read (assuming you have important other visuals to show at the same time) and/or be on the screen such a short period of time no one will be able to read them realistically.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by FCPX.guru.
  • Page: