fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Motion 5 - can you split or re time a purchased/ Stomp template in that?

Motion 5 - can you split or re time a purchased/ Stomp template in that? 08 May 2020 11:25 #106998

• Cameron Jake
  • Cameron Jake's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Noting some creative video templates from the libraries like Stomp for example.... I have been manipulating one inside FCPX - some of it syncs nicely - some does not.

When using footage you would simply re time the items as you wish. But in FCPX you cannot right?

I wondered if one opened a template inside motion 5 - if due to its parameters, you could "manipulate" scenes within that template individually to stretch or retime the template?

In other words when opening a pre made template in Motion, do you have more control over timings of the template or not?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Motion 5 - can you split or re time a purchased/ Stomp template in that? 08 May 2020 18:01 #107004

• deweyt44
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Open the template in Motion and apply template markers to modify the timing to your liking. Below is a video with instructions.

Motion 5 - can you split or re time a purchased/ Stomp template in that? 09 May 2020 09:11 #107022

• Cameron Jake
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Will a template run faster in Motion than in FCPX?

Motion 5 - can you split or re time a purchased/ Stomp template in that? 09 May 2020 09:11 #107023

• Cameron Jake
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Oh and I rudely forgot to say thank you mate.

Motion 5 - can you split or re time a purchased/ Stomp template in that? 09 May 2020 15:46 #107036

• deweyt44
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Assuming I read your question right, you face an issue in which when you adjust the length template animation, the timing of specific portions may be off because of the adjustment you made, correct? (For example, you have a template in Motion which is 5 seconds long, but in Final Cut Pro X you want the template to be 4 or 7 seconds long. Because of the time change, the animation is off.)

If that’s the case, template markers in Motion force specific portions of the template animation to happen at set times. That way, when you use the template in Final Cut Pro X, no matter what the length total the template is used on the timeline, specific portions of the animations on said template will always happen at a set time, while the rest of the unmarked template will adjust based on changes you make.

Last edit: by deweyt44.

Motion 5 - can you split or re time a purchased/ Stomp template in that? 09 May 2020 18:39 #107042

• Cameron Jake
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Hey - thanks for your help both... not quite correct.
I am choosing a number of templates for fcpx / apple motion for a project which will need to be beat synced manually.
Sometimes some templates generic movements actually do fall in line on beat or off beat and it can work, however there may be instances where I want the template, to freeze, slow down hold for longer or speed up,

I am assuming this means drag the template and the music both into Motion right? Create the markers?

Or is it

Drag the template into FCPX whlst the template is also open in Motion - look inside FCPX for the frame or section I want to extend or shorten and then inside Motion create a marker at that juncture, so that I can then import the bounced template back into FCPX with markers in place for easier manipulation?

Alternatively and don't laugh.... I could manipluate the template to the music as a guide inside fcpx - bounce that template out as a video - then bounce it back in as a video and elongate or speed ramp or freeze the template that way? This seems to be one solution. i.e. make it so that its not synced - render to mov or what ever and then pull it back in as a film so it can be split amended added to and so on????

• Page: