TOPIC: FCPX project does not show latest version

FCPX project does not show latest version 29 Apr 2020 11:59 #106658

• vjsafari
  • vjsafari's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello all,

In January I completed editing my Music Festival DJ showreel. I exported it and put it on YouTube with a placeholder intro graphic while I awaited my logo to be finalised. I now have my logo and went open the library with the project inside to replace the graphic. Instead of seeing the version I had exported I saw a much rougher earlier version.

I've looked through most of the auto backed up libraries and they all show this same version of the project.

Is there any way I can roll back to find the version I want?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

FCPX project does not show latest version 30 Apr 2020 04:17 #106693

• Larrie
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Do you have a Time Machine backup you can check? I believe that the default location for the FCP auto backups is on the computers main hard drive and that the backups are included in the TM backups.

FCPX project does not show latest version 30 Apr 2020 13:16 #106713

• joema
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 352

vjsafari wrote: ... Instead of seeing the version I had exported I saw a much rougher earlier version....I've looked through most of the auto backed up libraries and they all show this same version of the project....

Is it possible you edited the timeline as an open clip, not as a project? In older versions of FCPX this was easy to do by accident, since just double-clicking on a clip would open it in a timeline. To check for this, open your latest library, then click on each clip in succession and see if one if them is actually an edited "timeline".

On newer versions of FCPX they removed that and you can only open the clip via menu option Clip>Open Clip.

• Page: