fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Why are audio levels displayed different when working inside & outside Multicam?

Why are audio levels displayed different when working inside & outside Multicam? 10 Apr 2020 11:14 #106044

• bradywurtz
  • bradywurtz's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
I'm working on an exercise show, and I made a Multicam clip first. Inside of that, I was going to adjust the audio for the camera that's got my good audio. I added an EQ and a Compressor and got it where I wanted it. Then when I started editing inside the Project, I noticed that while my audio SOUNDED the same from my ears, it was reading different measurements on the EU meter.

Inside the Multicam clip, it peaks at just over -12. Outside the Multicam clip it peaks at just below -12. Here are images to see.

Please let me know why this is? Am I doing something wrong? Or is it a bug? Or is this something I'm just not aware of?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Why are audio levels displayed different when working inside & outside Multicam? 10 Apr 2020 13:09 #106046

• FCPX.guru
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 495
I consider it a bug. You often have to do minor tweaks once the multicam cilp is in a Timeline.

Why are audio levels displayed different when working inside & outside Multicam? 10 Apr 2020 15:10 #106052

• bradywurtz
  • bradywurtz's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
So what kind of tweaks do I need to do? Do I need to just make the audio a compound clip and then lift the audio again to get it up to zero?

• Page: