TOPIC: wonky behavior

wonky behavior 04 Mar 2020 17:38 #105185

• Gretta
  • Gretta's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Strangest things going on…
I am still on V.10.4/sierra for a reason (but can/will upgrade if necessry)
suddenly a couple days ago, I cannot get skimming to work. 'S' does nothing. If I am in the Browser, the little skim icon will switch the focus to the timeline and will skim there, but nothing will get either the skimmer or view Skimmer info to work in Browser.
Import function will open the window, but I cannot change the audio role and clicking Import button has no effect. These are the few wonkynesses I have noticed.
I have trashed prefs both on Open and with Preference Manager, even trashed and reinstalled FCPX
I am concerned that when I opened the new install from the dock, it opened the last project. That would seem to me that the prefs were not actually trashed.
any advice welcomed!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

wonky behavior 05 Mar 2020 02:49 #105191

• FCPX.guru
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 473
Hey Gretta! Sorry that you're having this issue. Sounds to me like you broke something. Why did you break it? Now it won't work correctly, my dear. You can't go around breaking things like that.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Just kidding! But if possible, the first thing I do in these situations is to blame someone who's not there.

The second step, uninstall using FCS Remover (Digital Rebellion, the oldies still work). Then reboot and reinstall from the App Store, see if that works. Or is that what you did? You probably did it that way.

Super odd that it opened an existing Library rather than the default Untitled it makes in your Movie folder. HHHmmm... That's really odd... let me think a bit...

Aside from opening something other than Untitled, are you still having any other issues? The Dock icon stores its own recent list, that could be something unique to the Dock and not your reinstall.

Last edit: by FCPX.guru.

wonky behavior 05 Mar 2020 03:20 #105192

• Gretta
  • Gretta's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Fixed it. Not sure what did it, but I trashed it again, emptied trash, removed from Dock and reinstalled again, rebooted, opened the library from Lirary Mgr, and now it is all good! I wish I knew how I broke it… Thanx, Guru

wonky behavior 05 Mar 2020 12:29 #105199

• FCPX.guru
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 473
I think the Dock has it's own memory. I bet if removing it from the Dock and replacing it with a new shortcut, it would have worked.

• Page: