fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: How To Turn Off Apple Music Auto Play When Download Music Tracks?

How To Turn Off Apple Music Auto Play When Download Music Tracks? 21 Feb 2020 20:30 #104804

• Smesh
  • Smesh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Okay everyone. This seems like a no brainer, and I think I had this figured out under iTunes, but for the life of me, I cannot figure out how to disable Apple Music from starting and playing every damn track I download to use in video projects. It's driving me mad! I tried googling but could not figure it out.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

How To Turn Off Apple Music Auto Play When Download Music Tracks? 22 Feb 2020 12:28 #104819

• FCPX.guru
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 416
Do you have rights to use these downloads you get from the iTunes store?

When I purchase music and download it, it doesn't play automatically for me. There is no setting in Music to turn that on or off.

Last edit: by FCPX.guru.

How To Turn Off Apple Music Auto Play When Download Music Tracks? 22 Feb 2020 14:07 #104822

• Albo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I have selected the file and in the finder I open the file info.
You can choose to have all files with a specific extension open with QT instaid.
Less of a hassle than having Music app opening the file.
You can do this for all typoes: .aif, .wav, mp3

Last edit: by Albo.

How To Turn Off Apple Music Auto Play When Download Music Tracks? 22 Feb 2020 16:23 #104832

• Smesh
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Sorry for the misunderstanding. These are stock audio tracks from a service I use. I am able to download them, test them in my timeline and then only pay a license for the ones I end up using. They have nothing to to with iTunes, apple and I don't even use apple ,music or iTunes.

FCPX.guru wrote: Do you have rights to use these downloads you get from the iTunes store?

When I purchase music and download it, it doesn't play automatically for me. There is no setting in Music to turn that on or off.

How To Turn Off Apple Music Auto Play When Download Music Tracks? 22 Feb 2020 23:02 #104839

• FCPX.guru
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 416
"I cannot figure out how to disable Apple Music from starting and playing every damn track I download to use in video projects."

Then I'm confused about what is playing them automatically. If they come from a service (what service, how are they delivered) and not Apple Music, what is playing them back automatically?

Last edit: by FCPX.guru.

How To Turn Off Apple Music Auto Play When Download Music Tracks? 23 Feb 2020 04:35 #104843

• Smesh
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Any time I download ANY wav or mp3 file, Apple Music app automatically launches and starts playing. I think Albo has it right. t's just been while and I forgot that solution. I just find it so invasive and annoying that Apple Music would be set up that way by default.

How To Turn Off Apple Music Auto Play When Download Music Tracks? 23 Feb 2020 05:11 #104845

• Francois
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 39
2 suggestions:

1- info window as ALBO stated
2- Safari,pref,general>uncheck open safe files

Attachments:

Last edit: by Francois.
  • Page: