• Page:

TOPIC: Missing clip - or is it?

Missing clip - or is it? 17 Feb 2020 14:37 #104689

• parkerhqj
  • parkerhqj's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
I recorded a show last night on my GH5 that lasted an hour. The battery died at the end while it was still recording. When I went to import the clip, it wasn't there. And yet, when I started recording, it read 4hrs 30 minutes. When I put the chip back in the camera, it reads 3 hrs 30 minutes. So why does it read as if it recorded that whole hour? Is it possible that it's recoverable? And don't ask why we didn't switch batteries!

Here's what I see in the finder. The mdt file is 63gb and there is a very short MOV clip from the beginning of the show. So it looks like the data is there, but is it recoverable?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by parkerhqj.

Missing clip - or is it? 18 Feb 2020 14:18 #104718

• joema
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 297
This appears to be a data recovery situation, unrelated to FCPX. Here is a good video by Fstoppers about some recovery options for .mdt files from GH5 cameras:

Missing clip - or is it? 18 Feb 2020 14:22 #104719

• parkerhqj
  • parkerhqj's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Thanks. I've been through this one already. I tried one download and couldn't get the software to open and sent an e-mail to another one which kept bouncing back. The gods are conspiring again but I'll keep at it until someone takes pity on me. Doesn't anyone want my money? thx!

• Page: