• Page:

TOPIC: Core Melt Track X

Core Melt Track X 16 Feb 2020 14:22 #104667

• jsyens
  • jsyens's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I am a realtor that edits their own videos. I am struggling to find a plugin that will allow me to put a border around a property. I generally am using my drone for the footage and simply want to highlight a property boundary and have it follow as the drone flys.
I have 2 problems. The program seems to always crash my Mac and I can't seem to find a good tutorial on how to use it. Any help would be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Core Melt Track X 17 Feb 2020 15:41 #104692

• VTCmedia
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
You'll see this all the time... Treating the viewer like he's an idiot by maintaining a constant area of interest on an object when in reality you need only do a brief introduction. This won't demonstrate your prowess as an editor but it will be loads faster and not insult the viewer.

Roll video, freeze a frame, highlight property lines for one second, then continue video. When viewpoint changes sufficiently do another freeze / redraw. Someone spending hundreds of thousands on real estate should be able to follow the concept as to where the lines lay without having their hand held throughout the presentation with lines and arrows continuously pointing to where they should be looking.

The point here being once you've established the seagull that stole the sandwich in the video you don't need to have it pecking at the meal highlighted by a red bubble for the rest of the video. Same things for titles. I've seen three word titles on the screen for 6 seconds. Sheesh. Two seconds max. If they need longer they can always pause or rewind. Don't gear your edit for the lowest common denominator type of viewer.

Core Melt Track X 17 Feb 2020 19:34 #104695

• deweyt44
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
To answer one questions, extensive tutorials can be found here on CoreMelts Vimeo page.

vimeo.com/coremeltfx/channels

As for crashing, it could be various reasons, but you may want to provide what hardware and MacOS you’re working with right now.

Core Melt Track X 17 Feb 2020 21:36 #104698

• FCPX.guru
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 473
Be sure you have the latest version installed.
Contact CoreMelt tech support about any issues.

• Page: