fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Can I use a Compressor droplet without Compressor installed?

Can I use a Compressor droplet without Compressor installed? 02 Feb 2020 07:07 #104328

• Paul Anderegg
  • Paul Anderegg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Create Compressor droplet on one machine, and use it on another Mac without Compressor installed? My personal Macbook has Compressor, but I want to share HEVC Compressor droplets to another Mac that doesn't have Compressor installed...would it work?

Paul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Can I use a Compressor droplet without Compressor installed? 02 Feb 2020 11:13 #104332

• FCPX.guru
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 415
Does it have FCPX or Motion installed on it? I think you need one of those three installed to use a Droplett (as that installs the codec library and the Compressor engine).

Can I use a Compressor droplet without Compressor installed? 02 Feb 2020 11:18 #104333

• Paul Anderegg
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Yes, FCPX, but only has the old version of Compressor from FCP7 days. I wish they had an HEV export option in FCPX...I guess I could use the HEVC option in iMovie (use it as a transcoder?) but not sure on options or quality...guessing 8 bit only?

Paul

Can I use a Compressor droplet without Compressor installed? 02 Feb 2020 14:20 #104337

• FCPX.guru
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
Go into that copy of FCPX to Preferenencs > Destinations > Compressor Settings. If they are in there, you have 10-bit HEV. I don't have any machines with FCPX that do not have Compressor, not sure. But go check yours, simple enough.

Can I use a Compressor droplet without Compressor installed? 02 Feb 2020 14:37 #104338

• Tom Wolsky
  • Thank you received: 697
The second system needs to have Mojave at least.

Last edit: by Tom Wolsky.

Can I use a Compressor droplet without Compressor installed? 02 Feb 2020 15:08 #104339

• Paul Anderegg
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
OK, I created a droplet, and also added the droplet settings to export destinations within FCPX. I dragged Compressor to the trash, and the droplets no longer work, nor does the Send to Compressor button. The added Compressor settings destinations within FCPX are still there, and work, so I guess I need to know how to copy those from one system into another FCPX install, wherever those destinations hide...maybe a folder?

Paul
Attachments:

Last edit: by Paul Anderegg.

Can I use a Compressor droplet without Compressor installed? 03 Feb 2020 14:53 #104353

• FCPX.guru
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
[User Folder] > Library > Applicaiton Support > Compressor > Settings

Most importantly, what Tom said, make sure all your machines are on compatible macOS and app versions.

Last edit: by FCPX.guru.
  • Page: